We know that understanding the processes behind paying for your college education can be intimidating. The Office of Financial Aid at Illinois Institute of Technology would like help make that the process a little daunting.
The tools presented below aim to provide some insight into the student loan process and about FAFSA and Federal Student Aid, as well as offering information on how you can manage your money and your budget.
This process can be even more complex for students who are veterans or those who are undocumented. More information about the resources Illinois Tech provides to students who are veterans or undocumented students can be found on this website.
If you have any other questions or need any assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com.
College is the perfect time to learn about money management and budgeting. These resources will help you begin to understand how to do just that.
- Managing your Money (handout)
- Credit Card Tips (handout)
- How to Avoid Identity Theft (handout)
- Strategies to Save Money (checklist)
- Cash Course: Your Real-Life Money Guide (web)
This information will provide you the information you'll need to understand student loan borrowing.
These resources will help you understand the process of applying for federal financial aid.
- The Financial Aid Process (video)
Completing Your FAFSA
- How to Create an FSA ID (video)
- Do I have to Provide My Parent's Information? (infograph)
- Who is my Parent? (infograph)
After Your FAFSA Is Submitted
*The IRS data retrieval tool will be unavailable until the 2018–19 FAFSA is released.