We know that understanding the processes behind paying for your college education can be intimidating. The Office of Financial Aid at the Illinois Institute of Technology would like to help make the process a little less daunting.
The tools presented below aim to provide some insight into the student loan process and about FAFSA and Federal Student Aid, as well as offering information on how you can manage your money and your budget.
This process can be even more complex for students who are veterans or those who are undocumented. More information about the resources Illinois Tech provides to students who are veterans or undocumented students can be found on this website.
If you have any other questions or need any assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How-To Guides for the Financial Aid Dashboard
The following How-To Guides for instructions on how to view, accept, and update your financial aid at Illinois Tech:
College is the perfect time to learn about money management and budgeting. These resources will help you begin to understand how to do just that.
- Managing your Money (handout)
- Credit Card Tips (handout)
- How to Avoid Identity Theft (handout)
- Strategies to Save Money (checklist)
- Cash Course: Your Real-Life Money Guide (web)
Student Loan Management
This information will provide you the information you'll need to understand student loan borrowing.
- See your personalized borrowing history in your Federal Student Aid Dashboard (web)
These resources will help you understand the process of applying for federal financial aid.
- The Financial Aid Process (video)
Completing Your FAFSA
- How to Create an FSA ID (video)
- Do I have to Provide My Parent's Information? (infograph)
- Who is my Parent? (web)