Illinois Tech to Host 2020 Alumni Awards on September 26
Since 1946 the Alumni Awards have been presented to Illinois Institute of Technology’s most accomplished, innovative, and influential alumni. Alumni Award winners add to the university’s rich history of visionaries who make the Illinois Tech community proud.
The 2020 Alumni Awards will take place during Illinois Tech’s virtual Homecoming & Alumni Awards Weekend on September 25–26. The awards will take place at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 26.
The 2020 honorees include:
- Alumni Medal: David Crowell (ARCH ’79)
- Collens Merit Award: Helmut Jahn
- Galvin Award: S. Christopher Gladwin
- International Award of Merit: Michael Rogers (CE ’83)
- International Award of Merit: Scott Zhang (M.S. MAE ’89, Ph.D. CHE ’92)
- John J. Schommer Honor I Award: Patrick Rush (FMT ’97, M.B.A. ’98)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Sidney Jeffe (ME ’50)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Syed “Zaheer” Zaheeruddin (M.S. IE ’75)
- Outstanding Young Alumnus/Young Alumna Award: Kun Li (Ph.D. FIN ’15)
- Outstanding Young Alumnus/Young Alumna Award: Ricardo Vinuesa Motilva (M.S. MAE ’09, Ph.D. ’13)
- Professional Achievement Award: Len F. Anderson IV (Science and Technology in Context ’93)
- Professional Achievement Award: Amy Campanelli (LAW ’87)
- Professional Achievement Award: Michael Kassner (M.S. Metallurgical Engineering ’77)
- Professional Achievement Award: John Kerin (EE ’84, M.B.A. ’90)
To learn more about each of the 2020 Alumni Award honorees and to register for the ceremony, visit the Alumni Awards website.
Photo: The 2019 Alumni Award honorees and family members are pictured with Illinois Tech President Alan W. Cramb. The 2020 Alumni Awards ceremony will held during the virtual 2020 Homecoming & Alumni Awards Weekend on Saturday, September 26.