Business Administration (B.S.)/Public Policy and Administration (M.P.P.A.)
Illinois Tech students who complete a Stuart School of Business accelerated master’s degree program begin their careers with a clear competitive edge—the solid foundation of an undergraduate business administration degree and the specialized depth of a master’s degree.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Master of Public Policy and Administration accelerated master’s degree program begins with business fundamentals, such as accounting, marketing, and management, as well as a grounding in analytics and quantitative methodology. At Stuart, students learn business in a hands-on, innovative way by collaborating with classmates across disciplines on technology-driven, real-world projects.
The M.P.P.A. program provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to be effective public and nonprofit managers. It combines a rigorous course in policy analysis and evaluation with the management skills and knowledge of administrative best practices needed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of companies, governmental agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
Through Illinois Tech’s one-of-a-kind Elevate program, you are guaranteed hands-on experiences throughout your graduate education, such as virtual and in-person internships, and personalized guidance from a career adviser, academic mentor, and alumni coach.
Learn more about each program:
The Stuart School of Business’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Master of Public Policy and Administration accelerated master’s degree program combines a solid grounding in business fundamentals and quantitative methods with hands-on problem-solving for undergraduates, along with a practical orientation toward management and policy analysis and implementation at the graduate level.
The Stuart Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Master of Public Policy and Administration accelerated master’s degree program is designed to prepare graduates for policy, administrative, managerial, and leadership roles across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors, as well as to engage in entrepreneurial enterprises and consulting.
Organizations and government agencies that have hired M.P.P.A. graduates include:
- American Cancer Society
- City of Chicago
- Chicago Police Department
- Chicago Transit Authority and Metra
- Chinese American Service League
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Lyons Township
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- State of Illinois
Disclaimer for prospective students, please read.
The Bachelor’s in Business Administration is designed to build core business competencies, with a specialization of the student’s choice in an area of business or an academic field outside of business.
The M.P.P.A. curriculum provides a mix of analytical and management focused courses to develop students’ skills in rigorous data and policy analysis, as well as the managerial knowledge needed to effectively implement programs and policies.
- Must have completed at least 60 credit hours of applicable undergraduate study and at least one full semester (12 credit hours) at the university
- Must be at least one full semester (12 credit hours) away from undergraduate degree completion in order to apply
- Minimum grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
The Accelerated Master’s Advantage
- Affordability: During the accelerated master’s program, students maintain undergraduate status while completing graduate coursework, and can maintain financial aid eligibility when applicable.
- Fewer credit hours required: Accelerated master’s programs share up to nine hours of course credit, requiring fewer credit hours overall compared to completing the degrees separately.
- A faster start to your career: Currently enrolled undergraduate students can complete both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in as few as five years.
- Individualized attention: Students receive guidance from both undergraduate and graduate academic advisers and mentoring from graduate faculty in the master’s program.
Note: Only the co-terminal option of the Accelerated Master’s Program can be used for this degree program.
Note: The Academic Catalog (use the links below) will be updated soon with the program’s current name. All curriculum details and requirements shown remain the same.