Business Analytics (M.B.A.)
Our STEM-focused M.B.A. program is your pathway to a management career in the rapidly growing field of business analytics.
Data and analytics are transforming management and driving business success. Companies of all sizes and in industries across the spectrum are hiring business analytics professionals who can use data science to solve problems, implement change, and create new business opportunities in competitive global markets.
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Business Analytics program at Illinois Tech’s Stuart School of Business prepares you for key, high-impact roles managing business analytics.
- Build your business expertise in management, innovation, strategic decision-making, operations and finance, and leadership.
- Learn how to leverage insights from data analytics and predictive modeling to optimize operational efficiency, develop and grow new products and markets, and increase profits.
- Study with faculty who have extensive industry experience and teach with an applied approach.
- Stuart’s downtown Chicago location and connections with companies in data-intensive industries—marketing, logistics, digital tech, health care, and more—provide internships, networking, and job opportunities to help launch your career.
- Flexibility for working professionals—Complete your degree full-time or part-time, with courses offered on Saturdays and weekday evenings.
- Our exclusive partnership with Chicago Innovation provides Stuart M.B.A. students with a free membership and access to the organization’s many business and networking events, which are annually attended by more than 10,000 successful professionals.
Through Illinois Tech’s one-of-a-kind Elevate program, you are guaranteed access to hands-on experiences throughout your graduate education, such as virtual and in-person internships, and personalized mentorship to guide your academic studies and career planning.
This is a STEM-designated program, and international graduates of the program are eligible to apply for an extension for Optional Practical Training, which allows selected students to stay and work in the United States for up to three years after graduation.
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Business Analytics program prepares you to meet the complex challenges of today’s managerial careers by teaching you how business, analytics, technology, and innovation converge to deliver success for companies and organizations.
Graduates of this program will learn sophisticated analytical, management, and leadership skills that will prepare them for careers as executives and analytical professionals in business analytics functions that are in high demand, such as:
- Management analysts and supervisors who improve organizational efficiency and increase company profits
- Operations research analysts and managers who develop more cost-effective business operations and solve complex problems, such as supply chain and logistics
- Market research analysts and managers who help companies understand consumers, engage with their customers, and market products and services
Projected job growth ranges from 14 percent to 25 percent from 2020 to 2030 for such occupations, according to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Disclaimer for prospective students, please read.
The Illinois Tech M.B.A. Business Analytics program encompasses key conceptual areas such as management, finance, strategy, operations, marketing, and leadership, along with development of analytical and quantitative skills in predictive modeling, optimization methods, computer algorithms, logistics, visualizations, and machine learning.
Course content and assignments are structured to connect theory with practice through case studies and group projects with businesses. Students must successfully complete 36 credits (12 courses) to earn the degree. This program is typically completed in four semesters full-time or six semesters part-time.
- Two or more years of professional work experience
- Official transcript submission with a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- No GMAT or GRE scores required
- Professional statement (Statement of purpose)
- English proficiency exam, if required
Business statistics prerequisite: Students must demonstrate competency in business statistics, either by having completed at least one course in their previous education or by successfully completing BUS 550 – Business Statistics at Illinois Tech before beginning the program’s analytics courses.
Connect with Us
For questions about Stuart School of Business degree programs or the application and enrollment process, contact our Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Strategy Brian Albertsen.
Students pursuing the M.B.A. Business Analytics degree who demonstrate a continuing commitment to innovation are eligible for the Chicago Innovation Scholarship, which awards up to $14,000 over the course of six semesters. Read more about Stuart scholarship opportunities and tuition and fees:
“Stuart School of Business offers a unique degree. It combines business and technology seamlessly. Stuart’s program helps students prepare to be a good business storyteller with a deep understanding of cutting-edge technology.”
Stuart Stands Out
Stuart is AACSB Accredited. Only 6% of Business Schools Globally Are.
—Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International
Career Placement Rate
—Stuart School of Business 2022 master’s and Ph.D. graduates reporting
Only Business School in a Tech-Focused University in Chicago
Move Your Career Forward
A global network of accomplished Illinois Tech alumni is available to engage with and support our students.
For More Information
Do you have questions about Stuart School of Business degree programs or the application and enrollment process? Connect with our Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Strategy Brian Albertsen.