Launch your college education from the comfort of your own home! Illinois Tech is offering the opportunity to begin earning college credit from anywhere in the world with our partners at Outlier.
After completing 12-15 credit hours over the course of 1-2 semesters, you’ll then seamlessly transition to studying at Illinois Tech full-time to complete your bachelor’s degree program.
While enrolled in this program, Ascend Scholars have access to:
- Dedicated Illinois Tech advisor
- Ascend mentors at a 1 to 15 mentor to student ratio
- Asynchronous, on-demand course materials to fit your schedule
- 24/7 support and online tutoring available
- A guaranteed scholarship of $25,000 annually upon successful completion of the first year and seamless transition to full-time status at Illinois Tech
- This opportunity is available only to graduating high school seniors. They must submit an application for first-year admission to be considered for the Ascend program.
- Eligible students will be offered direct admission to the Illinois Tech Ascend program.
- Eligible students must declare their intent to participate in the Ascend program by May 1 prior to the start of the fall term.
- Ascend Scholars must meet the following requirements at the end of their Ascend year to continue their studies as a full time degree-seeking student at Illinois Tech:
- Meet with their Illinois Tech admission counselor once per semester to plan coursework at the partner institution
- Obtain an overall 3.0 GPA in their studies at Illinois Tech and the partner institution
- Complete a minimum of 12-15 credit hours during their Ascend year, including Calculus I
- Achieve grades of B or higher in any math, science, or technology coursework
- Submit an official transcript at the end of each semester of the Ascend scholar year