Illinois Tech Ascend Scholars are talented students who have proven potential and resilience. Our Ascend Scholars program is designed to tap into that potential and give you the opportunity to kickstart your studies at both Illinois Tech and a designated Ascend partner during your first year at college. You’ll then seamlessly transition to studying at Illinois Tech full-time to complete your bachelor’s degree program.
While enrolled in the first year of this program, Ascend Scholars have access to:
- Ascend mentors at a 1 to 15 mentor to student ratio
- Academic and career coaching services
- Illinois Tech courses at a special rate of $100 per credit hour (approximately $300 per course)
- A guaranteed scholarship of $25,000 annually upon successful completion of the first year and seamless transition to full-time status at Illinois Tech
- Access to Illinois Tech student facilities (including student tutoring, labs, and libraries) and campus life experiences throughout the year
- Housing on Illinois Tech’s beautiful campus
- This opportunity is available only to graduating high school seniors. They must submit an application for first-year admission to be considered for the Ascend program.
- Eligible students will be offered direct admission to Illinois Tech or the Illinois Tech Ascend program. Those who are offered direct admission to Illinois Tech may choose to participate in the Ascend program.
- Eligible students must declare their intent to participate in the Ascend program by August 1 prior to the start of the fall term.
- Ascend Scholars must meet the following requirements at the end of their first year to continue their studies as a full time degree-seeking student at Illinois Tech:
- Meet with their Illinois Tech admission counselor once per semester to plan coursework at the partner institution
- Obtain an overall 3.0 GPA in their studies at Illinois Tech and the partner institution
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours during their Ascend year
- Achieve grades of B or higher in Illinois Tech courses and any science, technology, and math coursework required by major at a partner institution
- Submit an official transcript at the end of each semester of the Ascend scholar year