In honor of the dedicated leadership and service by members of the Chicago Police Department and Chicago Fire Department to the City of Chicago, Illinois Tech offers $20,000 annual scholarships to the members and the children and grandchildren of members of the CPD and CFD.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Tech as either a first-year or transfer student and be:
- A currently active, sworn member of either department; or former officer, firefighter, or paramedic from either department in good standing
- Children/grandchildren of a currently active, sworn member of either department; or former officer, firefighter, or paramedic from either department in good standing
- Children of a fallen officer, firefighter, or paramedic
Recipients of the scholarship must complete a certification form and have it authorized by the designated official from the Chicago Police Department or Chicago Fire Department.
An eligible student is guaranteed a four-year (or five-year, for the College of Architecture) scholarship in the annual amount of $20,000 provided he or she is enrolled full-time as an undergraduate at Illinois Tech.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit an application for admission through the Common Application via any application deadline
- Complete the application form below and upload it.
For more information, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at email@example.com.
Special Note: Illinois Tech recognizes the contributions of police and fire professionals who live in Cook County and acknowledges that many departments outside of the City of Chicago collaborate with city departments as necessary. Therefore, we are pleased to invite service members and children/grandchildren of police officers, firefighters, and paramedics from Cook County to apply for the Chicago Police and Fire Departments Scholarship.
PLEASE NOTE: The Chicago Police and Fire Scholarship cannot be combined with other Illinois Tech merit scholarships such as Heald, Transfer Tuition, Chicago STAR, PTK, Presidential, FIRST Robotics, VEX Robotics, Duchossois, Camras, Crown, Collens, Leadership Academy, and more. If a student earns multiple Illinois Tech merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified but will not combine multiple awards.