Master of Data Science Program Coordinator
Chicago's only tech–focused university is accepting applications for a full-time Master of Data Science Program Coordinator who will have the academic title of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, starting in Fall 2020. Highly qualified candidates from all relevant areas of computer science and data science will be considered.
Applicants must have an M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or other relevant field and the ability to teach relevant courses in data science, machine learning, statistics, data-intensive computing, and/or artificial intelligence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating program planning and curriculum development, reviews, and assessments
- Planning and coordinating student orientation sessions, seminars, faculty meetings, and other program events
- Advising students and applicants on routine matters, directing them to faculty and administrators as needed
- Maintaining records and data on the program, students, and alumni
- Coordinating program needs and activities with central administration around program marketing, alumni relationships, and industrial partnerships
- Assisting program directorate in running program social media accounts
- Teaching existing courses and helping develop new courses in the program
Commitment to student success and excellence in teaching is expected, as are excellent communication and organizational skills. The ability and willingness to develop and offer courses in cutting-edge areas of computer science and data science is a plus.
Illinois Institute of Technology, a private, technology-focused research university, is located just 10 minutes from downtown Chicago. The Master of Data Science program is offered jointly by the departments of Computer Science and Applied Mathematics and has around 120 students (and growing). The Department of Computer Science offers Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Professional Master, and Ph.D. degrees and has approximately 1,200 students.
Illinois Institute of Technology is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion and diversity within its community. It actively seeks applications from all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, marital status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity and expression. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Applicants should apply online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/15727. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience.