- Chair, Department of Applied Mathematics
- Professor of Applied Mathematics
Ph.D. - Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University
M.S. - Duke University
B.S. - Fudan University
The following is a list of recent selected publications.
- C. Deng and C. Liu. Largest Well-Posed Spaces for the General Diffusion System with Nonlocal Interactions. Journal of Functional Analysis (2017), Vol. 272, Issue 10, pp. 4030–4062.
- M. Endo, Y. Giga, D. Götz, and C. Liu. Stability of a Two-Dimensional Poiseuille-Type Flow for a Viscoelastic Fluid. Journal of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics (2017), Vol. 19, Issue 1, pp. 17–45.
- L. Ma, X. Li, and C, Liu. Fluctuation-Dissipation Theorem Consistent Approximation of the Langevin Dynamics Model. Communications in Mathematical Sciences (2017), Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 1171–1181.
- Y. Wang, C. Liu, and Z. Tan. Well-Posedness on a New Hydrodynamic Model of the Fluid with the Dilute Charged Particles. Journal of Differential Equations (2017), Vol. 262, Issue 1, pp. 68–115.
- T. Huang, F. Lin, C. Liu, and C. Wang. Finite Time Singularity of the Nematic Liquid Crystal Flow in Dimension Three. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis (2016), Vol. 221, Issue 3, pp. 1223–1254.
- C.-C. Lee, H. Lee, Y. Hyon, T.-C. Lin, and C. Liu. Boundary Layer Solutions of Charge Conservation Poisson-Boltzmann Equations: One Dimensional Case. Communications in Mathematical Sciences (2016), Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 911–940.
- M. Liao, L. Wan, S. Xu, C. Liu, and P. Sheng. The Poisson-Boltzmann Equation and the Charge Separation Phenomenon at the Silica-Water Interface: A Holistic Approach. Annals of Mathematical Sciences and Applications (2016), Vol. 1, Issue 1, pp. 217–249.
- L. Ma, X. Li, and C. Liu. From Generalized Langevin Equations to Brownian Dynamics and Enbedded Brownian Dynamics. The Journal of Chemical Physics (2016), Vol. 145, Issue 11, Article Number 114102.
- L. Ma, X. Li, and C. Liu. The Derivation and Approximation of Coarse-Grained Dynamics from Langevin Dynamics. The Journal of Chemical Physics (2016), Vol. 145, Issue 20, Article Number 204117.
- M. S. Metti, J. Xu, and C. Liu. Energetically Stable Discretizations for the Charge Transport and Electrokinetic Models. Journal of Computational Physics (2016), Vol. 306, pp. 1–18.
- Y. Wang, C. Liu, and Z. Tan. A Generalized Poisson-Nernst-Planck-Navier-Stokes Model on the Fluid with the Crowded Charged Particles: Derivation and its Well-Posedness. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis (2016), Vol. 48, No. 5, pp. 3191–3235.
- Complex Fluids
- Free Interface Motions
- General Diffusion
- Ionic Fluids and Ion Channels
- US–Israel BSF Grant (CoPIs C. Liu, R. S. Eisenberg, and N. S. Gavish): Continuum Mean-Field Models with Steric Effects: Gating in Ionic Channels, 2017-2021.
- NSF DMS–1714401 (PI C. Liu): Topics in Complex Fluids and Biophysiology: the Energetic Variational Approaches, 2017–2020.
- NSF DMS–1412005 (PI C. Liu): Energetic Variational Approaches in Complex Fluids and Electrophysiology, 2014–2017.
- DAAD Germany Grant (CoPIs C. Liu, A. Schlmerkemper, and C. J. Garcia-Cervera): Multiscale Effects of Materials with Microstructure, 2015–2016.
- NSF DMS–1159937 (PI C. Liu): FRG: Collaborative Research: Variational Multiscale Approaches to Biomolecular Structure, Dynamics and Transport, 2012–2015.
- NSF DMS–1216872 (PI C. Liu): Collaborative Research: Advanced Numerical Techniques for the Simulation of Magnetohydrodynamics, 2012–2015.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM): The Committee on Committees and Appointments, 2016–2018.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC): Panel for Mathematics and Statistics, 2014–2017.
- Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications (IMS), University of Minnesota: Associate Director, 2008–2010.
- Communications in Mathematical Sciences
- SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis
- Kinetic and Related Models
- Analysis and Application
- Nonlinear Analysis and Differential Equations
- Molecular Based Mathematical Biology
- Journal of Mathematical Study
- Interfaces and Free Boundaries of European Mathematical Society
- Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
- Calculus of Variations
- Complex Fluids
- Multiscale Modeling and Analysis