- Assistant Professor of Physics
BS: Linfield College
PhD: Purdue University
Ultra-low noise detector development for Axion Dark Matter eXperiment (ADMX)
Quantum sensors, qubits, quantum noise-limited devices/amplifiers and their application in precision experiments and dark matter detection, low-noise cryogenic systems
Physics beyond the Standard Model, fundamental symmetries and interactions, experimental tests of symmetry-violating interactions, spin-dependent and independent interactions between fermions
- N. Du, R. Khatiwada, et al., “Extended Search for the Invisible Axion with the Axion Dark Matter Experiment”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 101303 (2020).
- C. Boutan, R. Khatiwada, et al., “4-7 GHz Limits on the Axion-Photon Coupling from a Multi-Mode, Piezoelectrically Tuned Microwave Cavity Search”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 261302 (2018).
- G. Rybka, R. Khatiwada, et al., “Search for Invisible Axion Dark Matter with the Axion Dark Matter Experiment”,Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 151301 (2018).
- J. Hoskins, R. Khatiwada, et al., “Modulation sensitive search for nonvirialized dark-matter axions”, Phys. Rev. D 94, 8, 082001 (2016).
- J.V. Sloan, R. Khatiwada et al., “Limits on axion-photon coupling or on local axion density: Dependence on models of the Milky Way’s dark halo”, Physics of the Dark Universe 14, 95–102 (2016).
- R. Khatiwada, M. Khosravi, and W. M. Snow, “Low magnetic susceptibility test masses for precision measurements”, Measure Sci. Tech. 27, 2 025902 (2016). arXiv: 1506.09199.
- T.M. Leslie, E. Weisman, R. Khatiwada, and J.C. Long, “Prospects for electron spin-dependent short-range force experiments with rare earth iron garnet test masses”, Phys. Rev. D 89, 114022 (2014). arXiv: 1401.6730.
- H. Yan, K. Li, R. Khatiwada, E. Smith, W. M. Snow, C.B. Fu, P.-H. Chu, H. Gao, W. Zheng, “A frequency determination method for digitized NMR signals”, Commun. Comput. Phys. 15, 1343 (2014). arXiv: 1305.3676.
- P.-H. Chu, A. Dennis, C. B. Fu, H. Gao, R. Khatiwada, G. Laskaris, K. Li, E. Smith, W. M. Snow, H.Yan, and W. Zheng, “Laboratory Search for Spin-dependent Short-range Force from Axion-Like-Particles using Optically Polarized 3He gas”, Phys. Rev. D 87, 011105(R) (2013). arXiv: 1211.2644.
National Quantum Initiative “High throughput quantum sensor and materials testing facility”
Dark Matter New Initiatives “Axion Dark Matter Experiment Extended frequency”
Outreach through science talks and webinars to small colleges and underprivileged communities (US and Nepal)
Career advisor to undergraduate and graduate students and women in science (US and Nepal)
American Physical Society (APS) IDEA Network
Institute of Physics (IOP) science journals
American Physical Society (APS)
Chicago Quantum Exchange
Dark matter instrumentation
Quantum devices and sensors for dark matter detection
Mesoscopic range spin-dependent interaction between fermions
In the media: