Shaolin Allen Liao
- Adjunct Faculty
University of Wisconsin, Madison Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, 2008
University of Wisconsin, Madison M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2005
Universtiy of Wisconcin, Madison M.S. in Materials Science, 2003
Tsinghua University, B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, 2000
Prof. Liao's research interests span the theory, simulation, and experiment of the multidisciplinary areas of 1) Millimeter/THz wave techniques and 5G/6G; 2) Artificial Intelligence (AI) for 5G/6G big data science; 3) Nano Photonics and Fiber Optics; and 4) Computational Electromagnetics (CEM).
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
IEEE Senior Member
Associate Editor, IEEE Access
Academic Editor, PeerJ Computer Science
- S. Liao, “Millimeter-wave Techniques: Theory, Algorithms and Methods.” engrXiv, Sep. 21, 2020, doi: 10.31224/osf.io/y8p9t.
- L. Ou, S. Liao, Z. Qin, and H. Yin, “Millimeter Wave Wireless Hadamard Image Transmission for MIMO Enabled 5G and Beyond,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 134–139, Dec. 2020, doi: 10.1109/MWC.001.2000081.
- S. Liao, L. Ou, and L. Xu, “Super-Resolution Ultrasound Lamb Wave NDE Imaging of Anisotropic Airplane Laminates via Deconvolutional Neural Network,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 70, pp. 1–8, 2021, doi: 10.1109/TIM.2020.3016153.
- S. Liao and L. Ou, “High-Q Interstitial Square Coupled Microring Resonators Arrays,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1–8, Aug. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JQE.2020.2989809.
- S. Liao and L. Ou, “High-speed Millimeter-wave 5G/6G Image Transmission via Artificial Intelligence,” 2020 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC2020), Hong Kong SAR, PR China, 8-11 December, 2020. Available: http://arxiv.org/abs/2007.03153.
- L. Ou and S. Liao, “A Ping-Pong Algorithm for Computational Electromagnetics of 2D Antennas/Metasurfaces.” 2020 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC2020), Hong Kong SAR, PR China, 8-11 December, 2020. Doi: 10.31224/osf.io/mzjn7.
- L. Ou, Z. Qin, S. Liao, T. Li, and D. Zhang, “Singular Spectrum Analysis for Local Differential Privacy of Classifications in the Smart Grid,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 5246–5255, Jun. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2020.2977220.
- S. Liao, Z. Wang, L. Ou, and Y. Peng, “A Harmonics Interferometric Doppler Sensor With a Neon Lamp Detector,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 5229–5236, May 2020, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.2970055.
- S. Liao, T. Wong, and L. Ou, “Optimal feedback-interferometric fiber laser microphones,” Optics Letters, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 423–426, Jan. 2020, doi: 10.1364/OL.384225.
- S. Liao and T. Wong, “Optimal Design of Feedback-Interferometric Fiber Laser Sensors,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, no. 24, pp. 12016–12023, Dec. 2019, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2019.2936222.
- M. Hajizadegan, M. Sakhdari, S. Liao, and P.-Y. Chen, “High-Sensitivity Wireless Displacement Sensing Enabled by PT-Symmetric Telemetry,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 3445–3449, May 2019, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2019.2905892.
- Y. Peng and S. Liao, “ZIM Laser: Zero-Index-Materials Laser,” IEEE Journal on Multiscale and Multiphysics Computational Techniques, vol. 4, pp. 133–142, 2019, doi: 10.1109/JMMCT.2019.2905368.
- L. Zhu, N. Alkhaldi, H. M. Kadry, S. Liao, and P.-Y. Chen, “A Compact Hybrid-Fed Microstrip Antenna for Harmonics-Based Radar and Sensor Systems,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 2444–2448, Dec. 2018, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2018.2877674.
- L. Ou, Z. Qin, S. Liao, Y. Hong, and X. Jia, “Releasing Correlated Trajectories: Towards High Utility and Optimal Differential Privacy,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, pp. 1–1, 2018, doi: 10.1109/TDSC.2018.2853105.
- L. Ou, Z. Qin, S. Liao, J. Weng, and X. Jia, “An Optimal Noise Mechanism for Cross-correlated IoT Data Releasing,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, pp. 1–1, 2020, doi: 10.1109/TDSC.2020.3031223.