MS Word Template
The template above provides a basic thesis layout, which meets the IIT thesis manual requirements. It consists of the following parts:
- Cover page
- Authorship Statement
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- List of Symbols
- 5 Chapters each having 3 sections. (You may delete chapter and sections or add extra ones in case your thesis has a different number of chapters and sections; Chapter names are generic and you should use what is appropriate for your research).
Style Elements Template
This document has includes several examples of figures, tables, and their captions for Microsoft Word. You can cut-and-paste one- or two-line figure titles and table titles and insert columns and rows as needed to formatted tables.
This template only provides a basic layout of what is required. Due to technical limitations, all of the following should be done manually (we hope to update this in the future):
- Page numbers in the Table of Contents
- Figure and Table label numbers and page numbers for the List of Figures or List of Tables
- Provide bibliography parts and the relevant citations (the template is compatible with reference management software)
- Revise the above items if any related changes are made (e.g. a figure/table/page is added or deleted)
The template below is an obsolete version, provided for reference purposes. We do not recommend using this template for your thesis.