The IHTSI has an advanced HTS Laboratory and provides analytical services to all especially our colleagues in the food companies.
IFSH HTS laboratory houses two Illumina MiSeqs and one Oxford Nanopore MinIon sequencers in addition to all the required equipment and instruments to accurately and rapidly process a wide variety and large number of samples and isolates each month.
IHTSI has its own bioinformatic facility. It is currently equipped with four high-performance computers (HPCs) with impressive computational power that allow us and our collaborators/clients to process large amounts of data that these sequencing machines produce. Our bioinformatic facility is also equipped with a high-capacity expandable backup system to safely and securely store large amounts of sequencing and analytical data.
The IHTSI Laboratory Services
- DNA extraction, purification and quantification
- RNA extraction, purification and quantification
- Library preparation
- Whole genome sequencing (WGS)
- RNA sequencing (RNA-Seq)
- Metagenomics (Massive 16s rDNA sequencing)
- Metagenomics (Shotgun sequencing)
The IHTSI Analytical Services
- Data storage and remote access
- Sequence quality inspection and filtration (quality control)
- Sequence assembly (WGS, RNA-seq or transcriptomics)
- Sequence assembly assessments (quality control)
- Sequence assembly comparisons
- BLAST search and results
- Sequence annotation
- SNP analysis
- Phylogenomic and phylogenetic analyses