If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test Score Accommodations During the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
Due to the impacts of the coronavirus on testing centers in China and elsewhere, we are making the following accommodations available to all students for the fall 2020 admission cycle for all master’s programs:
• IELTS and TOEFL Alternate Option: If you are unable to take the IELTS or TOEFL test due to exam cancellations, you may submit Duolingo English Test (DET) results instead.
• GRE and GMAT Waiver: We understand that many GRE and GMAT testing facilities are closed due to the coronavirus. As a result, Illinois Tech has changed our test requirements for the spring and fall 2022 semesters. We are no longer requiring students to submit GRE or GMAT scores for all master’s programs. Please contact us if you were planning to take or retake the GRE or GMAT test so that we may waive this requirement for you. Test Waiver FAQs
Your adviser is listed in your Application Tracker. Consult the Illinois Tech Directory to obtain contact information for your department.
Funding questions should be sent to the academic department to which you were accepted.
Armour College of Engineering
Lewis College of Science and Letters
Please note: for Stuart School of Business funding, please contact us using this form.
You should get a new visa issued for Illinois Tech before entering the United States. If you do enter the United States with a visa from a different school, you will need to contact that school’s international center and ask them about the proper procedure for transferring your I-20.
The difference between the master of science (M.S.) and professional master's degrees (which also includes the master of engineering) is that the master of science has a research and thesis component at the end of the degree program, while the professional master's does not. The coursework, faculty, and quality of the two degrees are the same. Students who plan to later pursue a Ph.D. often take the M.S. track, while those who are working to advance their careers (without necessarily intending to pursue a Ph.D.) often pursue a professional master's degree.
If you have further questions about the difference between these degree types or the course of study for each in your particular department, please visit your academic department's website or contact the department directly.
To look up your UID, visit https://myuid.iit.edu. To begin using Illinois Tech technology resources, go to the myIIT portal and login as:
Username: Your UID
(MMDD is the 2-digit month and day you were born and XXXX is the last 4 digits of your CWID)
Please Note: Newly admitted international students will receive a UID only after submitting financial documentation. For more information please view the financial affidavit of support documentation.
Review the support information on the myIIT login page, or contact Office of Technology Services Support Desk at 312.567.3375 or email@example.com.
Your admission to Illinois Tech was contingent on your completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Upon enrollment at Illinois Tech, you must present, either electronically or physically:
- All original, final transcript(s) and/or individual mark sheets from your bachelor's institution
- All diploma(s) and/or degree(s) with an official English translation, if necessary
You have two options for submitting these documents; please select only one option:
- Upload these document via your Application Tracker in the final documents section (spring 2016 and later admits) in the Final Transcripts Required section.
- You may bring physical copies of your documents to the Illinois Tech One Stop, where staff will scan and retain an electronic version of these documents for evaluation.
You will retain a "Final Docs" hold on your student account until these documents are submitted. This hold will not prevent your class registration, but will restrict your ability to obtain your Illinois Tech transcripts.
Final documents should be submitted as soon as they are available to you, but must be submitted before you apply for graduation. Failure to provide the required documents will result in a hold of your Illinois Tech graduation diploma, your academic transcripts, and possible further action by Graduate Academic Affairs.
We can provide you with a Late Arrival Letter. Contact our office by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact our office by emailing email@example.com.