The Chicago Department of Transportation aims to offer all Chicago residents an affordable, accessible, and fun transportation option. Divvy for Everyone (D4E) provides qualifying residents with a $5 annual membership. The program also incorporates a cash payment system for those Chicago residents who do not have a debit card, credit card, or prepaid card required for a standard Divvy membership.
D4E Program Features
- First year, $5 annual membership
- Pay with credit, debit, prepaid card, or cash
- In-person enrollment at Divvy sign-up centers (locations below)
- Option to keep membership through a local initiatives support corporation (LISC)-supported credit-building program
- No extra charges for riding an e-bike to/from anywhere in Zone 2
D4E is available to students at any of Chicago’s colleges and universities who qualify for financial aid (merit scholarships, grants, loans, etc.). D4E is also available to Chicago residents aged 16 and older receiving SNAP, WIC, LIHEAP, FAFSA, or public housing assistance.
For in-person sign-ups only: you can show your financial aid award letter or proof of annual household income at or below 300 percent of the federal poverty level. Students who have no income also qualify for D4E.
How to Enroll
You can apply online or also sign up at any Divvy sign-up center! Currently, we only have one sign-up center open:
Central States SER (by appointment only, please call ahead)
3948 West 26th Street, Suite 213
773.542.9030 Ext: 1250
Tuesday 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
Wednesday 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
Thursday 11 a.m.–4 p.m.