A Way to Pay for College
Scholarships and stipends in Army ROTC help you focus on what's important, namely, getting that college degree—not how you'll pay for it.
Army ROTC Scholarships
Whether you're a college-bound high school student, transferring to Illinois Institute of Technology from another university, or already attending Illinois Tech, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded on a student's merit and grades, not on financial need.
Army ROTC scholarships consist of:
- Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you should qualify
- Additional allowances for books and fees
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. You can earn certain amounts depending on your level in the Army ROTC curriculum:
- 1st year, $300 per month
- 2nd year, $350 per month
- 3rd year, $450 per month
- 4th year, $500 per month
This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (3rd and 4th years).
Illinois Tech Room and Board Scholarship
All ROTC students at Illinois Tech are eligible to receive the ROTC R&B Scholarship. This scholarship covers:
- Housing and meal-plan coverage for contracted cadets, which is equivalent to the cost of a standard double room in McCormick Student Village
- Coverage of remaining room and board costs after Federal Pell and/or SEOG grants are applied