To use our combined expertise in supporting and empowering the Illinois Tech community.
To provide Health, Advocacy, Wellness, Knowledge, and Support to the Illinois Tech community to establish well-being for lifelong success.
- Address primary medical and psychological health needs of members of our community.
- Provide a quality standard of primary medical, gynecological, and mental health care for Illinois Tech students, with sensitivity to age, gender, disability, religion, culture, ethnic background, and sexual orientation.
- Provide quality support for health care through laboratory, insurance, secretarial, and referral resources.
- Provide health education to prevent illness, teach self-help strategies, and increase awareness of potentially unhealthy practices so that students may choose their optimal healthy lifestyles.
- Empower students through education and professional guidance to become self-directed and well-informed consumers of health care services.
- Adhere to established ethical principles and codes of professional practice, including patient confidentiality, privacy, dignity, and informed consent.
- Provide an environment of caring with a non-judgmental approach, maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect, and uphold and protect our patients’ rights in the process of health care delivery.
- Participate in the teaching of psychology externs and collegiate nursing students to stimulate intellectual and clinical excellence in the care of our patients.