The Women's Center at Illinois Tech is dedicated to empowering and supporting women identifying students and men by educating the University and its surrounding community on issues of gender that are of particular interest to women.
Through the establishment of the Women’s Center, Illinois Tech will adopt the following values to enhance the experience of those who utilize the center:
- The pursuit of higher education and knowledge for female/female identifying students as a source of power, economic independence, and self-actualization
- Recognition and advocacy for diversity and inclusiveness in programming, services, and resources
- The support the rights of women to pursue safety and dignity in all aspects of their lives
- The right to engage in vibrant dialogue, strong collaborations, and purposeful action in working toward a just and inclusive community where people of all genders, orientations, classes, races, ages and abilities can thrive
- The dignity of all individuals and productively challenging them to be their best selves
- Katherine Stetz, Vice Provost for Student Affairs & Dean of Students
- Chris Himes, Dean of the Lewis College of Sciences and Letters
- Ken Christensen, Dean of Armour College
- Dr. Margaret Power, Faculty
- Jackie McGhee, Executive Assistant to the VP, Student Affairs
- Ursula Hersh, President of F.E.M.: 4th year Social and Economic Development Policy major (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Barien Gad, Student: President of WiSTEM: 3rd year Biochemistry (email@example.com)
- Muntaha Imteyaz, President of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE): 4th year Architecture major
- Upcoming events will be posted here beginning in November!
- Menstrual Sanitary Products Program
- The Menstrual Sanitary Products Program will provide free, menstrual sanitary products on the Illinois Tech Mies campus.
- The initial pilot program will place products in seven restrooms across campus. View the Mies Campus map here.
- MTCC (Women’s restroom south of welcome desk)
- MTCC (Gender-neutral restroom)
- Keating (1st floor women’s restroom)
- Galvin (1st floor women’s restroom)
- Rettaliata (1st floor women’s restroom)
- Kaplan (1st floor women’s restroom)
- Kaplan (1st floor gender-neutral restroom)
- Aspiring Women Entrepreneurs: Student and community leaders interested in networking and entrepreneurship meet regularly to connect, learn, and build a network.
The Women’s Center will be housed in McCormick Student Village. Stay tuned for details regarding the grand opening event in the spring semester!
Please contact The Office of the Vice Provost for Student Affairs with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McCormick Tribune Campus Center, Room 209