The Women’s Center at Illinois Tech is dedicated to empowering and supporting women identifying students and men by educating the university and its surrounding community on issues of gender that are of particular interest to women.
Through the establishment of the Women’s Center, Illinois Tech will adopt the following values to enhance the experience of those who utilize the center:
- The pursuit of higher education and knowledge for female/female identifying students as a source of power, economic independence, and self-actualization
- Recognition and advocacy for diversity and inclusiveness in programming, services, and resources
- The support the rights of women to pursue safety and dignity in all aspects of their lives
- The right to engage in vibrant dialogue, strong collaborations, and purposeful action in working toward a just and inclusive community where people of all genders, orientations, classes, races, ages and abilities can thrive
- The dignity of all individuals and productively challenging them to be their best selves
Inaugural Advisory Committee
- Katherine Stetz, Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Chris Himes, Dean of Lewis College of Sciences and Letters
- Ken Christensen, Dean of Armour College of Engineering
- Margaret Power, Faculty
- Jackie McGhee, Executive Assistant to the VP, Student Affairs
- Ursula Hersh, President of F.E.M.: 4th year Social and Economic Development Policy major (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Barien Gad, Student: President of WiSTEM: 3rd year Biochemistry (email@example.com)
- Muntaha Imteyaz, President of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE): 4th year Architecture major
The 2021-2022 academic year was an exciting one for the Women's Center! Thank you to F.E.M, S.W.E, and WiStem for their contributions, events and impact on the campus community.
Stay tuned for the amazing things we have planned for the 23-24 academic year!
Current Programs & Initiatives
- Aspiring Women Entrepreneurs: Student and community leaders interested in networking and entrepreneurship meet regularly to connect, learn, and build a network.
The Women's Center is located inside of McCormick Student Village, adjacent to the Center Lounge.
Interested in visiting the Women's Center? Please complete the access request form. Your request will be reviewed within 3-5 business days. Please note that those visiting the Women's Center will be required to sign in and out at the front desk of McCormick Student Village. Guests and visitors of the Women's Center are also required to abide by the Residence Life guest/visitor policy.
Please contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Affairs with any questions at WomensCenter@iit.edu.
The McCormick Tribune Campus Center, Room 209