New to You in Fall 2021!
Originally designed in 1955 by the iconic German architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Cunningham Hall is undergoing a full renovation and is scheduled to reopen as Illinois Tech’s latest residence hall offering in fall 2021.
Modeled after the design of the newly renovated George J. Kacek Hall, Cunningham Hall features residential floors in a pod-style configuration, with student rooms pinwheeling around central study and social lounge areas. The building is bathed in natural light, with beautiful views of the campus and downtown Chicago. Floors 2–7 will be open to first- and second-year students and include a mix of single-, double-, and triple-occupancy rooms and common-use bathrooms.
- All residential spaces on floors 2–7 provide a twin-size bed, desk, chair, dresser, and closet space for each resident
- Beds are ready to bunk
- Single point of entry and exit that is staffed 24 hours a day by community desk assistants
- Lounge space on every floor
- Laundry and fitness facilities in the lower level
- WiFi internet and cable TV provided by Comcast and Xfinity on the Go
Apartment-style housing will also be available to upperclass students on floors 8–9.