Designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, the legendary architect who designed Illinois Tech’s Mies Campus, Carman Hall currently provides furnished apartment options for students in their third year and above at Illinois Tech, and Student Family Housing. One-bedroom, Two-bedroom, & Three-bedroom, apartments are available on an academic year contract (August to May) for graduate students.
Campus housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Features one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments
- Two first-floor lounges
- Staffed 24 hours a day by Community Desk Assistants; students must tap their HawkCard at the main entrance and community desk
- Updated kitchen appliances including oven, range, hood, and a refrigerator
- High-speed internet access and cable TV provided by Comcast
- Furnished with beds, desks, dressers, and desk chairs
Residents contract for an individual space within an apartment. Residents may select their own roommates, or select the apartment for single occupancy
Carman Hall is a residential apartment building for a specific student population. Residents must meet one or more of the following residency requirements:
- Registered graduate student at Illinois Tech or VanderCook College of Music.
- Registered undergraduate living with spouse or domestic partner.
- Registered undergraduate student who is currently in their third year or higher at Illinois Tech (not based on academic credits) .
- Single undergraduate or graduate student with legal custody of child/dependent.