Business Administration (B.S.)/Public Administration (M.P.A.)
Illinois Tech students who complete a Stuart School of Business accelerated master’s degree program begin their careers with a clear competitive edge—the solid foundation of an undergraduate business administration degree and the specialized depth of a master’s degree.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Master of Public Administration accelerated master’s degree program begins with business fundamentals, such as accounting, marketing, and management, as well as a grounding in analytics and quantitative methodology. At Stuart, students learn business in a hands-on, innovative way by collaborating with classmates across disciplines on technology-driven, real-world projects.
The M.P.A. program provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to be effective public and nonprofit managers. It combines academic rigor with a grounding in policy design and evaluation, organizational behavior, financial management, and human resource management practices designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of companies, governmental agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
The Stuart School of Business’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Master of Public Administration accelerated master’s degree program combines a solid grounding in business fundamentals and quantitative methods with hands-on problem-solving for undergraduates, along with a practical orientation toward management and policy analysis at the graduate level.
The Stuart Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Master of Public Administration accelerated master’s degree program is designed to prepare graduates for policy, administrative, managerial, and leadership roles across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors, as well as to engage in entrepreneurial enterprises and consulting.
Organizations and government agencies that have hired Master of Public Administration graduates include:
- American Cancer Society
- City of Chicago
- Chicago Police Department
- Chicago Transit Authority and Metra
- Chinese American Service League
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Lyons Township
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- State of Illinois
The Bachelor’s in Business Administration is designed to build core business competencies, with a specialization of the student’s choice in finance or marketing or in an academic field outside of business.
M.P.A. coursework emphasizes in-depth study of policy formulation, acquisition of human and financial resources, strategic planning, and development and execution of effective implementation strategies.
- Must have completed at least 60 credit hours of applicable undergraduate study and at least one full semester (12 credit hours) at the university
- Must be at least one full semester (12 credit hours) away from undergraduate degree completion in order to apply
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
The Accelerated Master’s Advantage
- Affordability: During the accelerated master’s program, students maintain undergraduate status while completing graduate coursework, and can maintain financial aid eligibility when applicable.
- Fewer credit hours required: Accelerated master’s programs share up to nine hours of course credit, requiring fewer credit hours overall compared to completing the degrees separately.
- A faster start to your career: Currently enrolled undergraduate students can complete both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in as few as five years.
- Individualized attention: Students receive guidance from both undergraduate and graduate academic advisers and mentoring from graduate faculty in the master’s program.
Note: Only the co-terminal option of the Accelerated Master’s Program can be used for this degree program.