Strategic Management (Certificate)
Stuart School of Business bridges business and technology to offer rigorous, applied graduate programs that develop our students’ industry-focused expertise and tech skills, giving them an edge in the job market and for career advancement.
Stuart’s Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program offers stackable certificate programs specifically designed to help mid-career professionals enhance their knowledge, skills, and credentials to achieve their career goals.
The Certificate in Strategic Management is designed to build the business acumen, leadership skills, and knowledge of the competitive global business environment that will prepare you for success in upper-level management and executive positions. Courses cover key areas, including:
- The strategic management process (analysis, strategy, and performance), strategy formulation and implementation, and data-driven decision making
- Economic principles, such as incentives, cost and benefit analysis, competition and market structure, demand and supply, and pricing
- Leadership techniques, creative problem-solving, ethical decision-making, and change management
- Principles for creating innovative business models for global markets
Courses at Stuart are interactive and include case studies and hands-on projects where you apply what you are learning.
The Certificate in Strategic Management teaches aspiring managers and executives how to apply the strategic management process and effectively lead companies and organizations in the competitive global business environment. This stackable certificate includes four courses in Stuart’s tech-focused M.B.A. program on your way to completing an M.B.A. degree.
The Certificate in Strategic Management prepares qualified professionals for top executive roles at businesses and organizations of all sizes in a wide range of industries. Wages for these positions can vary widely.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a median annual wage for chief executives of $189,520 in May 2022, with overall employment of executives projected to grow three percent from 2022 to 2032, which is as fast as the average for all occupations.
The Certificate in Strategic Management includes the following four required courses. Each course is three credit hours. The certificate requires completion of 12 credit hours and is stackable toward the Illinois Tech M.B.A. degree.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Depending on previous academic coursework, an applicant may need to take additional prerequisite courses that may not count toward the certificate
Designed for Busy Professionals
Stuart School of Business Certificates Are:
- Targeted: Get the specific, career-focused education you need now
- Convenient: Saturday and evening classes at Illinois Tech’s Conviser Law Center in downtown Chicago, located one block west of Union Station and near Ogilvie Transportation Center
- High Quality: As a certificate student, you will take our regular graduate courses taught by Stuart’s expert, industry-experienced faculty
Your Certificate Credit Is Stackable
The Certificate in Strategic Management is stackable, which means that all 12 credit hours automatically apply if you choose to pursue the Illinois Tech M.B.A. degree.
Students in this certificate program who later apply and are admitted to a different master’s degree program at Stuart may apply all approved certificate coursework with a grade of B or higher to that master’s degree. A certificate is typically equivalent to one-fourth to one-third of the credit hours required for a degree. Students have the option of transferring to the master’s program in any semester.
For More Information
Do you have questions about Stuart School of Business degree programs or the application and enrollment process? Connect with our Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Strategy Brian Albertsen.