Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Weekend or Online: The Illinois Tech M.B.A. is focused on technology and business innovation to move your career forward.
In today’s complex and volatile business environment, companies are finding success at the intersection of business, technology, and innovation. That’s where the Master of Business Administration program at Illinois Tech’s Stuart School of Business will take you.
The Illinois Tech M.B.A. delivers high quality for your career advancement.
- Stuart faculty bring their industry experience into the classroom.
- Courses on Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, and Blockchain, are offered in partnership with IBM.
- Small classes give you dynamic interaction, discussion, and peer collaboration.
- You can network with thousands of professionals through our partner, Chicago Innovation.
- Dive into our rigorous curriculum with project-based learning.
Flexibility for busy, working professionals is built into our program.
- Choose weekend classes or fully online.
- Focus your learning with a one-course-at-a-time schedule.
- Complete your degree in two years, part-time.
Develop your innovation mindset with the Illinois Tech M.B.A.
The Master of Business Administration program integrates technology, innovation, and management to prepare mid-career professionals to meet the challenges of today’s tech-focused business environment.
Networking events and activities hosted by Stuart School of Business’s partner, Chicago Innovation, give students opportunities to engage with entrepreneurs and professionals from industries across the city’s innovation-focused business community.
Companies that have hired Stuart M.B.A. graduates include:
- Bank of America
- Discover Financial Services
- Kraft Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP
- HSBC Bank
- Merrill Lynch
- PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
The Illinois Tech M.B.A. covers the key conceptual areas of management, plus electives to customize your degree. Course content and assignments are structured to connect theory with practice through case studies and group projects with businesses. To earn the M.B.A. degree, students must successfully complete 36 credits (12 courses).
9 courses (27 credits)
- BUS 510 – Strategy and Innovation
- MBA 501 – Financial Statement Applications
- MBA 504 – Analytics for Decision Making
- MBA 505 – Microeconomics and Game Theory
- MBA 506 – Leadership and Organization Design
- MBA 509 – Financial Management
- MBA 511 – Marketing Strategy
- MBA 513 – Operations and Technology Management
- BUS 590 – Business Strategy Capstone
Choose any 3 courses (9 credits)
- MBA 523 – Negotiations and Strategic Decision Making
- MBA 532 – Artificial Intelligence
- MBA 534 – Blockchain
- MBA 536 – Internet of Things
- MBA 564 – Global Business Strategy
- MBA 522 – The General Manager
- Two or more years of professional work experience
- Official transcript submission with a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- No GMAT or GRE scores required
- Professional statement (Statement of purpose)
- Letter of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score, if required
Your Choice: Weekend or Online
The Illinois Tech M.B.A. gives students a choice between two delivery options: Weekend or Online.
Whichever option you choose, you will take the same innovation-focused courses in the same sequence, taught by the same outstanding faculty, and with the same emphasis on faculty-student interaction, rigorous academics, and hands-on learning.
|Courses are taught in person by Stuart School of Business faculty.||Courses are taught 100 percent online by Stuart School of Business faculty.|
|Classes are held on Saturdays at Illinois Tech’s Conviser Law Center, 565 W. Adams Street, in downtown Chicago. Union Station and Ogilvie Transportation Center are located nearby.||Courses are conducted in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, so all materials, assignments, and course communications are accessible in one online location.|
|Faculty office hours are offered on Saturdays and remotely by appointment.||Online faculty office hours are scheduled every week.|
|Note: Courses and faculty office hours may be partly or fully online depending on COVID-19 restrictions.||Online courses feature:
• A weekly real-time, video conference class session, with the session recorded and available for viewing on demand
• Course discussion boards available 24/7, with weekly assignments
• Group projects supported by video conferencing and online discussion space
Students pursuing the Master of Business Administration program who demonstrate a continuing commitment to innovation are eligible for the Chicago Innovation Scholarship, which awards up to $14,000 over the course of six semesters.
Read more about scholarship opportunities and tuition and aid below:
M.B.A. students are eligible for Chicago Innovation Scholarships of up to $14,000. They also have access to events and networking with thousands of professionals through Chicago Innovation.
Develop high-level expertise in another professional field to go with your M.B.A. and expand your career opportunities. Shared credits in these Illinois Tech programs can significantly reduce the number of credits required, compared with completing two degrees individually.
Move Your Career Forward
A global network of accomplished Illinois Tech alumni is available to engage with and support our students.
“All the courses have been just right for me to gain skills that I can apply to my job right away. The program is a nice blend of technology and business management and the faculty are highly qualified. If you want to network and become better at leadership and communication, then this is the right school and program for you.”
“The partnership with Chicago Innovation provides the networking benefits of a larger school while allowing me to be part of a more intimate classroom setting. I hope to leverage the connections I make through Chicago Innovation as I advance further into my career.”
"The M.B.A. program at Illinois Tech is a perfect fit for busy, working professionals. The integration of innovation and business at a top-notch technology-focused university is a corporate match that just makes sense."
Savitha Chelladurai has a leading role in raising consciousness about sustainability and lowering environmental impacts at one of Chicago’s iconic tourist sites.Savitha Chelladurai (M.B.A. ’15)
With dual master’s degrees from Stuart, Changyue “Jack” An delivers high-level business and strategic knowledge combined with first-rate data science skills.Changyue “Jack” An (M.B.A./M.S. MANL ’16)
With her Illinois Tech M.B.A., Leslie Voegtlin has the background for career advancement that she wanted. She also has a plan of action for launching a project that’s close to her heart.Leslie Voegtlin (M.B.A. ’19)
A capstone project with Associate Professor Sang Baum Kang gave Trevor Wheeler the chance to build on his classroom learning and to show his understanding of investments and trading.Trevor Wheeler (M.B.A./M.S. FIN ’19)
Stuart Stands Out
Apply for your $14,000 Chicago Innovation Scholarship
Only Business School in a Tech-Focused University in Chicago
Stuart is AACSB Accredited. Only 5% of Business Schools Globally Are.
—Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International