Master’s in Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Supercharge your career with an M.B.A. that is focused on technology and innovation. We’ve designed our M.B.A. for busy professionals—take weekend and evening courses in downtown Chicago, either full-time or part-time.
Leverage technology and innovation to advance your career with a Master’s in Business Administration from Illinois Institute of Technology.
Today’s business environment is constantly changing. With an M.B.A. from Illinois Tech, you will gain the skills to leverage technology and lead in your management career.
Illinois Tech’s specialized M.B.A. degree prepares you to use technology to your advantage in your management career. We are the only M.B.A. program in Chicago that trains our students explicitly for management careers in tech-focused industries and companies.
Many other mass-market M.B.A. programs make you feel like you’re wandering through a department store, searching on your own for the right fit. The in-person master’s in business administration program at Illinois Tech is just your style, and everything is in your size.
Our industry-experienced faculty at Stuart School of Business teach a rigorous, project-based learning curriculum in small classes that foster dynamic interaction, discussion, and peer collaboration.
Courses focus on the role that technology plays in business and how you can leverage it to your advantage. You can also take the following courses:
- Artificial Intelligence (IBM digital badge eligible)
- Internet of Things
We’ll teach you the skills to move you forward on your career path. And through our partnership with Chicago Innovation, you will have the opportunity to network with thousands of professionals.
Illinois Tech’s Master’s in Business Administration degree program prepares you for a management career in the twenty-first century with Stuart School of Business’s distinct focus on the intersection of technology, innovation, and business. Whether you choose our general management track, business analytics track, or quantitative finance track, we will give you the tools to supercharge your career.
- Learn from leaders in the classroom—and the tech industry. World-class academicians and industry experts teach you the ins and outs of business. Focusing on the role that technology plays and how you can leverage it to your advantage, you can take courses on Internet of Things, blockchain, and artificial intelligence (and be eligible to earn an IBM digital badge in AI). That means you’ll receive a well-rounded, relevant education informed by real-world experiences.
- Learn on your time. We provide you with options to learn on your schedule. Take weekend and evening courses in person at our Conviser Law Center, located in downtown Chicago. In 12 (full-time) or 24 (part-time) months, you’ll walk away with your master’s in business administration degree career ready.
- We focus on you. Our small class sizes ensure that you won’t get lost in the shuffle, while our full-fledged Career Management Center will help you find the job you want when you complete your M.B.A. degree. Because we are based in one of the world’s most important business centers, you will have ample opportunities for internships and job placements.
- Technology first. Technology and innovation are at the core of success in today’s business climate: our business analytics and quantitative finance tracks are STEM-designated programs that provide international students a three-year Optional Practical Training option (work and stay in the United States after graduation).
Our alumni have gone on to work for respected companies such as Bank of America, Intuit, Discover Financial Services, Kraft Inc., Grant Thornton LLP, HSBC Bank, Merrill Lynch, and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Your M.B.A. degree gives you the tools to succeed in all kinds of management careers, and will teach you how to leverage technology in today’s ever-changing world:
Disclaimer for prospective students, please read.
Master’s in Business Administration Curriculum
Technology is at the heart of everything that you’ll do in the M.B.A. degree program at Illinois Tech. Our courses will teach you how to use your skills to your advantage in your business career:
- Strategy and Innovation: In today’s business environment, you need new and innovative thinking to succeed. In this course, you’ll learn how finance and commerce have changed over the years and how companies are adapting to succeed.
- Digital Transformation: In this course, we discuss the pace of change and its impact, implications, and opportunities. We also give you the tools to identify key areas to digitize, including strategy, core processes, and technology. You will then put your new knowledge to work and create an action plan for a challenge at a level appropriate for a specific role or responsibility.
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: Learn about the ever-evolving area of AI and its potential uses in business and for managerial insights. We also offer the opportunity to earn a globally recognized IBM digital badge in AI.
- Blockchain: Learn how blockchain can help you conduct business transactions more efficiently and effectively.
- Internet of Things: Learn all about the Internet of Things in this course, and how you can apply it to your everyday business needs.
- Two or more years of professional work experience
- Official transcript submission with a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- No GMAT or GRE scores required
- Professional statement (statement of purpose)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score, if required
Weekend and Evening M.B.A. Classes to Fit Your Schedule
Working full time? No problem! Put your career on the fast track with our tech-focused M.B.A. that is built for busy professionals!
- Keep working while you complete your M.B.A. in just two years with our part-time option.
- Courses are taught in person by Stuart School of Business faculty.
- Classes are held on Saturdays and evenings at Illinois Tech’s Conviser Law Center, 565 W. Adams Street, in downtown Chicago. Union Station and Ogilvie Transportation Center are located nearby.
Why Choose Illinois Tech’s Master’s in Business Administration Program?
Our program is tailored to the twenty-first century and is accredited by both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and the Higher Learning Commission. You’ll also benefit from:
- A Chicago location with hundreds of opportunities for networking, internships, and fieldwork
- A high-value degree from an institution with a career placement rate of 92.8 percent
- Our one-of-a-kind Elevate program that offers real-world experiences to help you secure a strong career. Learn more about Elevate
Scholarships and Financial Aid for Your M.B.A. Degree
Students in the Illinois Tech master’s in business administration program who demonstrate a continuing commitment to innovation can earn up to $14,000 in financial aid over the course of six semesters through the Chicago Innovation Scholarship. Learn more about the opportunity here.
As a student enrolled in the master’s in business administration program, you are eligible for a Chicago Innovation Scholarship of up to $14,000. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet thousands of professionals through Chicago Innovation events and networking.
Make yourself even more marketable with high-level expertise in another professional field to pair with your M.B.A. shared credits. These Illinois Tech programs can significantly reduce the number of credits required, compared to completing two degrees individually.
As part of your M.B.A. program curriculum, you will have the chance to earn globally recognized IBM digital badge in artificial intelligence, as well as take courses in blockchain and Internet of Things.
“All the courses have been just right for me to gain skills that I can apply to my job right away. The program is a nice blend of technology and business management and the faculty are highly qualified. If you want to network and become better at leadership and communication, then this is the right school and program for you.”
“The partnership with Chicago Innovation provides the networking benefits of a larger school while allowing me to be part of a more intimate classroom setting. I hope to leverage the connections I make through Chicago Innovation as I advance further into my career.”
"The M.B.A. program at Illinois Tech is a perfect fit for busy, working professionals. The integration of innovation and business at a top-notch technology-focused university is a corporate match that just makes sense."
Ambika Sahay Verma chose a Stuart dual-degree program to gain the right combination of skills and hands-on experiences to launch her on a career path into tech company management.Ambika Sahay Verma (M.B.A./M.P.A. ’22)
With dual master’s degrees from Stuart, Changyue “Jack” An delivers high-level business and strategic knowledge combined with first-rate data science skills.Changyue “Jack” An (M.B.A./M.S. MANL ’16)
Savitha Chelladurai has a leading role in raising consciousness about sustainability and lowering environmental impacts at one of Chicago’s iconic tourist sites.Savitha Chelladurai (M.B.A. ’15)
With her Illinois Tech M.B.A., Leslie Voegtlin has the background for career advancement that she wanted. She also has a plan of action for launching a project that’s close to her heart.Leslie Voegtlin (M.B.A. ’19)
A capstone project with Associate Professor Sang Baum Kang gave Trevor Wheeler the chance to build on his classroom learning and to show his understanding of investments and trading.Trevor Wheeler (M.B.A./M.S. FIN ’19)
For More Information
Do you have questions about Stuart School of Business degree programs or the application and enrollment process? Connect with our Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Strategy Brian Albertsen.