Building Access Limited During Winter Break
Mies Campus buildings will be closed Thursday, December 24 through Sunday, January 3, 2021, for winter break. To facilitate university business, faculty, staff, and student research assistants will continue to have their standard HawkCard access during this time.
Students can be granted access during winter break as needed. A request must be submitted to the ACaPS office via firstname.lastname@example.org from a faculty or staff member no later than Tuesday, December 22. All requests must include the general nature of work performed and are subject to approval.
For safety, students, as well as, faculty and staff are encouraged to let Public Safety know when they are working on campus when the university is closed and identify their building, department, and work location. Contact Public Safety at 312.808.6300.
Access for all registered students will be HawkCard access only Jan 4 - Jan 17, 2021. Students should make arrangements with the ACaPS office to pickup their HawkCard prior as necessary.
Spring 2021-HawkCard Distribution/Pickup for New and Incoming Students
Welcome to Illinois Institute of Technology! As an incoming Hawk, you must first submit your photo online through MyHawkCard (via MyIIT) in order to obtain your official HawkCard ID. Before you submit your photo, please view the online photo submission requirements below.
Incoming Resident Students
Students that will be moving into university campus housing may now begin submitting their photos online. Photos must be uploaded online by December 18, 2020 to ensure HawkCards are ready prior to Spring move-in.
Resident Student HawkCard Distribution/Pickup
- Students who submitted their photo online by December 18, 2020, your HawkCard will be available for pickup at your residence hall community front desk on your scheduled move-in day.
- Students who submitted their photo online after December 18, 2020, must make an appointment (ACAPS appointment scheduler) to pickup their HawkCard.
Incoming Commuter Students (Attending In-person Classes)
New commuter students who opt to attend classes on campus can begin submitting their photos online beginning November 23, 2020.
Commuter Student HawkCard Distribution/Pickup
- HawkCard distribution will begin on January 4, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. by appointment only (ACAPS appointment scheduler). A valid government-issued photo ID must be presented at the time of pickup.
- Photos must be uploaded online and approved prior to scheduling a pickup appointment.
- All students should pick up their official HawkCard by January 29, 2021. ACaPS office hours will be limited beginning February 1, 2021.
Incoming Remote Learning Students
Students not attending in person classes on the Mies campus may request a non-photo student HawkCard by emailing email@example.com. The request should include your campus wide ID number and your current mailing address.
SPRING 2021 UPASS Distribution/Pickup
Mies Campus Returning Students
- Upasses are scheduled to activate on Saturday, January 16th, if you opted in by January 4, 2021. If you are registered full time, do not have a negative balance on your Ventra account and your UPass is not activated; please email the ACAPS Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once we receive your request your UPass will activate within one business day.
- Make sure you do not have an outstanding balance on your Ventra account. If you do, your UPass will not activate until the balance is cleared. We recommend that you check your balance and UPass status here before trying to use it for the first time this semester.
- For questions about your balance on your Ventra account contact Ventra at 877-669-8368.
Students New to Illinois Tech this Semester
- New students must submit their photo online in order to receive a UPass.
- If you are registered as a full-time student by January 4th, and you have taken your HawkCard ID photo (before SOAR), your UPass will be available for pick-up.
- If you registered and became full-time after January 4th, your UPass may not be available.
- You must be registered as a full-time student to receive a UPass.
- You must show your Illinois Tech ID to order or pick up your UPass.
- New students living on campus, will receive their UPass from their RA.
- New commuter students will receive a notification email from the Access, Card, and Parking Services office with UPASS pickup instructions.
New ACAPS Office Location
The ACaPS office has relocated to Hermann Hall, Rm 110.
The ACaPS office is here to assist the Illinois Tech Community. To support social distancing protocols, ACaPS team members will be working both remotely and in office on select days by appointment only.
Our remote team will be available Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for customer service. The best way to contact us is by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 312.567.8968 (If unavailable, please leave a voicemail for follow up)
To support social distancing protocols, the ACaPS office is not servicing in-person photos for HawkCards. All new students, faculty, and staff should log into MyHawkCard (via MyIIT) to upload their HawkCard photo. Essential staff will be on campus on select days by appointment only to issue HawkCards to those that have completed their online photo submission. You may schedule an appointment for HawkCard pick up here.
HawkCard ID Issuance
To minimize lines and maintain appropriate social distancing, the ACaPs is not servicing in-person HawkCard photos. Advance photo submission is required for HawkCard issuance. Please visit the online photo submission page to review photo submission instructions and guidelines.
Online Self Services
- MyParking - Parking registration is now open for students, faculty, staff, and tenants.
- MyHawkCard - Online ID photo submission for HawkCards and account management. For more information on this process, click here.
- HawkCard Access Requests - Continue to follow our guidance here.
- General Inquiries - Please continue to email us at at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond within (2) business days at this time.