The HawkCard Photo
Online photo submission is required for students, faculty, and staff of the university. Submit your photo online through MyHawkCard (via Access Illinois Tech) in order to obtain your official HawkCard ID. Before you submit your photo, please view the online photo submission requirements below.
Spring 2023: Online Photo Submission for New Students
Welcome to Illinois Tech! Please As an incoming Hawk, your ID photo submission will be used to issue your HawkCard ID and order your Ventra Card should you opt-In to participate in the UPass Program for Spring 2023. You must be officially registered for you must first submit your photo online through MyHawkCard (via MyIIT) in order to obtain your official HawkCard ID and Ventra UPass. Before submitting your photo, please view the online photo submission requirements.
Priority Online Photo Submission Deadline
The priority submission deadline to upload your HawkCard ID photo through MyHawkCard is December 21. Uploading your photo by this deadline ensures your HawkCard and UPass (if you Opt-In), will be ready for pickup before the start of Spring 2023 classes.
We will continue to accept ID photo submissions, however, the HawkCard and UPasses will take up to (2) business days to process. We encourage you to submit ahead of time so it is ready upon your arrival to campus. Please also note that UPass processing includes ordering your Ventra UPass card from CTA. UPasses typically are ready for pickup within 1-2 weeks after the university orders the cards.
HawkCards will be ready for pickup the next business day after your ID photo is approved. Pickup will take place at the Campus Business Services Center*.
Campus Business Services Center
3201 South State Street, MTCC 514
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*During Spring 2023 Move-In, January 3 - January 6, New Resident Student HawkCard IDs will be issued at check-in.
How to Submit Your Photo
- Log into MyHawkCard (via MyIIT)
- Select Upload ID Photo (under Quick Links)
- Review the photo submission terms, agree and submit
Online Photo Submission Requirements
Online photo submissions will be reviewed for the following criteria prior to acceptance for your official HawkCard ID.
- Clear, true-color photos only - no filters or black and white
- Must be recent, reflecting your current appearance
- Background must be plain AND white or off-white
- Centered, facing the camera directly - no profiles
- Smile or natural/neutral facial expression
- Cropped slightly above the head with the top of shoulders in the frame
- The photo must include only the person on the ID. No pets, friends, props, etc.
- No hats, caps, sunglasses, headphones, scarves, etc. (Religious head coverings are permitted)
- Photo file format must be JPG or PNG
- Photo file size limit is 1 MB
Example ID Submission Photos
Review and Approval Process
Please allow (2) business days for processing of your "Pending ID Photo". You will receive an email notification indicating if your photo was accepted or if resubmission is required. If your photo requires resubmission, the reason will be included.
Common Reasons We Require Photo Resubmission
- Background is not plain AND white or off-white
- Lighting - Your face needs to be clearly visible without shadow
- Headshot is not framed passport style
You can submit a new photo that meets the submission criteria. Please note that these emails will come from our online HawkCard system, GET.