The HawkCard Photo
Online photo submission is now available to all new students, faculty, and staff of the university. Submit your photo online through MyHawkCard (via MyIIT) in order to obtain your official HawkCard ID. Before you submit your photo, please view the online photo submission requirements below.
Fall 2021- Online Photo Submission for New and Incoming Students
Welcome to Illinois Institute of Technology! As an incoming Hawk, you must first submit your photo online through MyHawkCard (via MyIIT) in order to obtain your official HawkCard ID. Before you submit your photo, please view the online photo submission requirements. Incoming students may begin submitting their HawkCard photo online beginning June 7, 2021.
Incoming KentLaw students
IDs will be distributed at Orientation check-in beginning August 16.
Incoming Resident Students
Photos must be uploaded online by July 30, 2021 to ensure HawkCards are ready prior to Fall move-in.
Resident Student HawkCard Distribution/Pickup
- For students who submitted their photo online by July 30, 2021, your HawkCard will be available for pickup at your residence hall community front desk on your scheduled move-in day.
Incoming Commuter Students (Attending In-Person Classes)
ACaPS will not be taking in person photos. Commuter students must submit their HawkCard photo online beginning June 7, 2021.
Commuter Student Hawkcard Distribution/Pickup
Wednesday, August 25 — Until
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Log into MyHawkCard (via MyIIT)
- Select Upload ID Photo (under Quick Links)
- Review the photo submission terms, agree and submit
Online photo submissions will be reviewed for the following criteria prior to acceptance for your official HawkCard ID.
- Clear, true-color photos only - no filters or black and white
- Must be recent, reflecting your current appearance
- Background must be plain AND white or off-white
- Centered, facing the camera directly - no profiles
- Smile or natural/neutral facial expression
- Cropped slightly above the head with the top of shoulders in the frame
- The photo must include only the person on the ID. No pets, friends, props, etc.
- No hats, caps, sunglasses, headphones, scarves, etc. (Religious head coverings are permitted)
- Photo file format must be JPG or PNG
- Photo file size limit is 1 MB
Example ID Submission Photos
Review and Approval Process
Please allow (2) business days for processing of your "Pending ID Photo". You will receive an email notification indicating if your photo was accepted or if resubmission is required. If your photo requires resubmission, the reason will be included.
Common Reasons We Require Photo Resubmission
- Background is not plain AND white or off-white
- Lighting - Your face needs to be clearly visible without shadow
- Headshot is not framed passport style
You can submit a new photo that meets the submission criteria. Please note that these emails will come from our online HawkCard system, GET.