The HawkCard Photo
Online photo submission is now available to all new students, faculty, and staff of the university. Submit your photo online through MyHawkCard (via MyIIT) in order to obtain your official HawkCard ID. Before you submit your photo, please view the online photo submission requirements below.
Fall 2022- Online Photo Submission for New and Incoming Students
Welcome to Illinois Institute of Technology! As an incoming Hawk, you must first submit your photo online through MyHawkCard (via MyIIT) in order to obtain your official HawkCard ID and Ventra UPass. Before submitting your photo, please view the online photo submission requirements.
Incoming students officially registered for Fall 2022 classes may begin submitting their HawkCard photo online.
Priority Online Photo Submission Deadline
The priority submission deadline to upload your photo through MyHawkCard is July 22, 2022. Uploading your photo by this deadline ensures your HawkCard will be ready for pickup before the start of Fall classes.
- Students will receive their HawkCard upon check-in at residence halls during their registered SOAR Orientation date or Fall 2022 Move-In date.
- Students who did not receive their HawkCard during SOAR or Move-In, may pick up their HawkCard at the Campus Business Services Center, MTCC 514 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. during Welcome Week beginning August 15, 2022.
- Log into MyHawkCard (via MyIIT)
- Select Upload ID Photo (under Quick Links)
- Review the photo submission terms, agree and submit
Online photo submissions will be reviewed for the following criteria prior to acceptance for your official HawkCard ID.
- Clear, true-color photos only - no filters or black and white
- Must be recent, reflecting your current appearance
- Background must be plain AND white or off-white
- Centered, facing the camera directly - no profiles
- Smile or natural/neutral facial expression
- Cropped slightly above the head with the top of shoulders in the frame
- The photo must include only the person on the ID. No pets, friends, props, etc.
- No hats, caps, sunglasses, headphones, scarves, etc. (Religious head coverings are permitted)
- Photo file format must be JPG or PNG
- Photo file size limit is 1 MB
Example ID Submission Photos
Review and Approval Process
Please allow (2) business days for processing of your "Pending ID Photo". You will receive an email notification indicating if your photo was accepted or if resubmission is required. If your photo requires resubmission, the reason will be included.
Common Reasons We Require Photo Resubmission
- Background is not plain AND white or off-white
- Lighting - Your face needs to be clearly visible without shadow
- Headshot is not framed passport style
You can submit a new photo that meets the submission criteria. Please note that these emails will come from our online HawkCard system, GET.