The HawkCard is issued to current students, faculty, staff, affiliates, visitors, and tenants of the university. Your HawkCard must be carried with you at all times and must be presented to campus authorities upon demand. The HawkCard is non-transferable and is the property of Illinois Institute of Technology. Fraudulent use will result in disciplinary action.
Obtaining Initial HawkCards
Upon arrival to the university, all new students, faculty and staff may obtain their official HawkCard ID. A HawkCard photo must be submitted online prior to HawkCard issuance. Visit the online photo submission page for further instructions.
Replacement HawkCards must be requested online. To ensure the issued HawkCard reflects your current appearance, a new photo is required. The $20 replacement fee must be paid online first, immediately followed by the new photo submission via MyIIT for students, faculty, and staff and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for affiliates and tenants. Affiliates and tenants should include their Illinois Tech ID Number (A Number) in the email photo submission. Replacement photo submissions received without the paid fee on file will be canceled unless otherwise approved in advance.
Once your complete request has been submitted, you should receive an email that your HawkCard is ready for pickup within (3) business days.
Standard HawkCard Information
Increasing the Lifetime of Your HawkCard
Your HawkCard is intended to last the duration of your association with the Illinois Institute of Technology. The following tips will help increase the lifetime of your HawkCard:
- DO NOT punch a slot or hole in the card.
- DO NOT expose to extreme heat, like dryers and sunlight.
- DO NOT expose to organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits, etc.
- DO NOT machine wash or dry.
- DO NOT use as an ice scrapper or scrapping tool.
- DO NOT crimp, twist, or bend the card.
- DO NOT attempt to re-laminate the card.
- DO NOT immerse in alcohol, isopropyl, ethanol, etc.
- DO NOT bite the card.
- DO NOT pound with a pen or tool.