It is impossible to describe the “typical” Illinois Tech graduate student. Like the university itself, our diverse students challenge all expectations. They come from around the country and around the world to our campus in Chicago because they know Illinois Tech is a truly distinctive university—one where they can study, conduct research, and explore a wide range of intellectual and professional pursuits.
** Illinois Tech is waiving all graduate application fees until June 30, 2021 for students enrolling for the fall 2021 semester. **
Learn more about Illinois Tech's Credit Transfer Policy.
Learn more about GRE, GMAT, and test score requirements.
Check the application deadlines for your desired term of entry. For the earliest admission decision, we encourage you to complete your application as early as possible.
After you submit your completed application, including with all information and documents, you will receive an email confirming this; if we still are missing test scores or letters of recommendation, you will also receive updates on the documents needed.
Check the status of your application and documents in your online Application Portal and on the App Tracker.
- After completing the application, you will receive an email confirming submission of your application and information on next steps. Please remember to add emails from the Office of Graduate Admission to your safe list.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information is accurate and your name appears exactly as it is written on your passport or government issued ID. It is also important to provide as much information as you can, including test registration numbers and dates if available.
- Check your portal whenever you receive an email from us. If we are unable to accept your uploaded documents for any reason, you will be required to re-upload the documents before your application will be considered for admission. After your documents are verified and accepted, it can take four to six weeks for a decision.
- You will receive the first notification of a decision via email, then you will get a hard copy of your admission letter.
- If admitted, you will learn about the steps needed to complete your enrollment at Illinois Tech via email.