Your completed application packet must be received by the appropriate deadline for regular admission consideration. Applications completed after the deadline will still be processed normally, but we cannot guarantee a decision will be made in time for your desired entry term. Late applicants may be eligible to defer their application or admission to a subsequent term.
If a deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, applications completed by the following Monday will be considered to have met the deadline.
Applicants to programs in Armour College of Engineering, College of Computing, and Stuart School of Business:
- Priority deadline is encouraged for students looking to secure their spot at Illinois Tech sooner rather than later.
- For the fall term, applicants can expect decisions to be released by March 1 or earlier.
- For the spring term, applicants can expect decisions to be released by October 1 or earlier.
Lewis College of Science and Letters:
- Priority deadline is encouraged for students looking to secure their spots at Illinois Tech sooner rather than later.
|Open||July 1||September 1||September 1|
|Ph.D. and Priority Deadline||October 1||January 31||January 31|
|Master's, Certificates, and Non-Degree Deadline||January 15||May 15||August 15|
|Intent to Enroll Deadline||January 18||May 18||August 1|
|Deposit Deadline||January 18||May 1||August 1|
Applicants to programs in Chicago-Kent College of Law, College of Architecture, and Institute of Design:
- Chicago-Kent College of Law application dates and deadlines
- College of Architecture application dates and deadlines
- Institute of Design application dates and deadline
|Priority Deadline*||October 1||January 31||January 31|
|Ph.D.||October 1||January 31||January 31|
|Professional Master's and Master of Science (M.A.S./M.S.)||January 15||May 15||May 15|
|January 15||May 15||August 15|
|Intent to Enroll||January 18||May 18||August 1|
|May 1||August 1|
|Classes Begin||Academic Calendar|
*Every applicant who meets this deadline is automatically considered for graduate fellowships, scholarships, and teaching and research assistantships awarded by individual academic departments. Departmental funding is awarded to a limited number of highly qualified, full-time students at the time of admission. If you receive a funding award, you will be notified of the award in your official admission letter.