Transfer students are those students who are currently attending a university or have attended another institute of higher education after finishing secondary school. All students who fit either of these criteria are classified as transfer students, regardless of the amount of college credit completed. In general, students with fewer than 30 semester hours of college work will have to submit their secondary school transcripts and test scores, despite being classified as a transfer student.
Requirements and Application Checklist
Applications are available through the Common Application.
- Complete the application for admission. There is no application fee to apply to Illinois Tech. Supporting documents can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Illinois Institute of Technology
Office of Undergraduate Admission
10 West 33rd Street
Perlstein Hall, Room 101
Chicago, IL 60616
Submit official or certified copies of your transcript(s) from all universities/colleges you have attended to Illinois Tech's Office of Undergraduate Admission. Illinois Tech requires transcripts from all higher education institutes attended, regardless of financial or academic standing, length of attendance, or length of time since attendance. In cases where official transcripts are not issued in English, you must submit the official native language transcript along with a certified translated English version. Official transcripts should be sent to Illinois Tech directly from the higher education institutes. You may upload an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your Application Tracker once you have submitted your application.
- Submit an official transfer credit evaluation by one of the following transfer evaluation companies:
- All students who submit transcripts from non-United States schools should provide course descriptions of each course taken at that university. These should be combined into one PDF document and uploaded to your Application Tracker once you have submitted your application. Course descriptions are not necessary for review purposes, but they must be submitted before students can receive a transfer credit evaluation.
- Provide an official copy of the English proficiency Duolingo, TOEFL or IELTS score report. The code to send your scores to Illinois Tech is 1318. If the applicant has more than 30 credit hours at a school in the United States (excluding ESL credits), this requirement may be waived. Read more about the English Proficiency test requirements.
- Submit Illinois Tech's Financial Affidavit of Support to demonstrate that you or your sponsor have the available finances to meet the educational and living expenses while you are a student at Illinois Tech. The Financial Affidavit of Support is not needed for review purposes and can be sent after you receive your admission and scholarship decision. Please read the instructions before submitting your Financial Affidavit of Support.
- Provide a copy of your passport, which is needed to fulfill the visa requirements. You may upload a copy of your passport to your Application Tracker after you have submitted your application. The passport copy is not needed for review purposes and can be sent in after you receive your admission decision. Read more about the visa requirements.
- Admitted students who wish to transfer their SEVIS id from a US institution, must complete the School Transfer for F-1 Undergraduate Students Form.
Important note: A student who has completed fewer than 30 credit hours at the university level must also complete the first-year application requirements.
If you are planning to transfer from a two-year college in the Chicago area, please read more about the transfer credit guidelines. The information provided is a guide for selecting courses from partner institutions for your major of interest.