Illinois Tech offers a tech-focused, hands-on, relevant, and rigorous curriculum—paired with real-world, team-based projects—that prepare our students and alumni to hit the ground running in the workplace. Companies attend our career fairs to recruit individuals within the fields of engineering, computer science, information technology management, social science, business, food science, architecture, psychology, manufacturing, science (life and physical), and more. Career Services hosts career fairs each year on Mies Campus during the fall and spring semesters, as well as smaller fairs throughout the academic years.
Spring 2024 Career Fairs
Virtual Career Fair
What to Expect
- Video chats: Engage students one-on-one or in a group setting on a video platform to replicate the in-person feel of a career fair
- Saved resources: Save on travel and time
- Scheduled, timed interactions: Pre-select 5 to 15-minute discussions with the students and recent alumni who you want to engage with
- One-on-one connections: Chat directly with others at the event.
Career Fair Resources
- See sponsorship opportunities to expand your company brand and set yourself apart.
- Build a strategic recruitment plan: Contact Nicholas Mancari, Associate Director of Career Services (Phone: 312.567.5270 | Email: email@example.com)
Campus-Wide Career Fair Logistics
**For on-campus career fairs only
- Location/Parking: The campus-wide career fair is held in Hermann Hall, located at 3241 South Federal Street, on Illinois Tech's Mies Campus in Chicago. (information regarding parking is sent via email prior to the event.)
- Registration includes one six-foot table (with basic table skirt), food and beverage service, parking, and a reception for representatives. Options are available for additional services and company sponsorship.
- Private Lunch with Illinois Tech Faculty & Staff: Our career fair will shut down for a private lunch with Illinois Tech Deans, Faculty, Directors, and Staff. This is a great opportunity for employers to meet and network with some of our academic departments.
- On-campus interviews (OCIs) the week of the fair are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact Career Services to begin scheduling this (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Employer setup begins 1 hour before the start of the career fair; students will be assigned to help employers carry materials into the fair and assist with booth set-up.
- Shipping materials: Employers are welcome to bring marketing materials and giveaways for candidates. If you need to ship materials to us, please complete this form so we know to look for your package. Packages must be received by the Monday of the week of the Career Fair. Don't forget to include a return shipping label and to ensure items arrive prior to the event. The address for shipping is:
Office of Career Services, Attn: Nicholas Mancari
Illinois Institute of Technology
McCormick Tribune Campus Center
3201 South State Street
Chicago, IL 60616
- Tables will be assigned to employers. Company sponsors will have preferred booth locations.
- Students will be provided with a company list before the fair. Companies are responsible for double-checking their recruitment preferences well in advance.
- We offer “virtual booths” at some career fairs for companies who are unable to attend our fair in person. Contact us to see if this is an option for you.