Illinois Tech offers a tech-focused, hands-on, relevant, and rigorous curriculum—paired with real-world, team-based projects—that prepare our students and alumni to hit the ground running in the workplace. Companies attend our career fairs to recruit individuals within the fields of engineering, computer science, information technology management, social science, business, food science, architecture, psychology, manufacturing, science (life and physical), and more. Career Services hosts career fairs each year on Mies Campus during the fall and spring semesters, as well as smaller fairs throughout the academic years.
2020-2021 Career Fairs
Career Services is hosting one final virtual Career Fair for the 2020-2021 school year. The annual New Alumni and Students will be held on Thursday, May 27th from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the Handshake platform. This fair will connect employers with new alumni graduating during the 2020-2021 school year, as well as continue students seeking internship opportunities in the summer and fall.
Fees For the May 2021 New Alumni and Students Virtual Career Fair
Standard Registration: $150
Nonprofit, Government: $100
Registration is now open on Handshake.
What to Expect
- Video chats: Engage students one-on-one on a video platform to replicate the in-person feel of a career fair
- Saved resources: Save on travel and time
- Scheduled, timed interactions: Pre-select 10-minute discussions with the students and recent alumni who you want to engage with
- One-on-one connections: Chat directly with others at the event.
Career Fair Resources
- Browse through Career Fair Resources
- See sponsorship opportunities to expand your company brand and set yourself apart.
- Build a strategic recruitment plan: Contact Celestine McGee, senior employer relations specialist (Phone: 312.567.6484 | Email: email@example.com)
Save The Date For Future Fairs (Tentative Dates)
Wednesday, September 22 and Thursday, September 23, 2021
Wednesday, February 23 and Thursday, February 24, 2022
Campus-Wide Career Fair Logistics
**Logistics listed will not apply to Virtual Career Fairs being run during the 2020-2021 school year**
- Location/Parking: The campus-wide career fair is held in Hermann Hall, located at 3241 South Federal Street, on Illinois Tech's Mies Campus in Chicago. (Information about parking passes are sent via email prior to the event.)
- Registration includes one eight-foot table (with basic table skirt), coffee service, one parking permit per company, catered lunch, and a reception with food and drinks for three representatives. Options are available for additional representatives and company sponsorship.
- On-campus interviews (OCIs) the week of the fair are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Employer setup begins at 10 a.m.; students will be assigned to help employers carry materials into the fair and assist with booth set-up.
- Shipping materials: Employers are welcome to bring marketing materials and giveaways for candidates. If you need to ship materials to us, please complete this form so we know to look for your package. Packages must be received by Monday, September 23, 2019. Don't forget to include a return shipping label and to ensure items arrive prior to the event. The address for shipping is:
Office of Career Services, Attn: Celestine McGee
Illinois Institute of Technology
3241 South Federal Street, Suite 111
Chicago, IL 60616
- Tables will be assigned to employers. Company sponsors will have preferred booth locations.
- Students will be provided with a company list before the fair. Companies are responsible for double-checking their recruitment preferences well in advance.
- We offer “virtual booths” at some career fairs for companies who are unable to attend our fair in person. Contact us to see if this is an option for you.
- Mies Campus map
- Parking map and Directions
- About Illinois Tech | Quick Facts
- About Chicago
- Academic Programs
We offer a wide variety of sponsorship opportunities to promote your organization and help you reach your ideal candidates.
For more information about career fairs or other recruitment opportunities, contact:
Director of Employer Engagement