- University Faculty Council (UFC) has created an ad hoc committee on antiracism, Chaired by Oscar Juarez
- There are a number of student-led identity based support groups: https://web.iit.edu/campus-life/diversity-inclusion/
- Social Literacy and Engagment Academy (SLEA) - led by Diana Velasquez. Velasquez is the President of a new initiative on-campus called Social Literacy and Engagement Academy which is supported by the President and Provost. SLEA is a new student org that was created as part of a student incubator called Change @ Illinois Tech that started in the summer of 2020. The mission is to increase awareness on diversity, equity, and inclusion through community building and learning opportunities. SLEA plans to do so by hosting their own events on campus which will be seminars, discussions, volunteering, and community-building events. SLEA will also want to amplify any and all events happening on-campus related to these topics. This means that they can provide auxiliary programming to any events in order to have students aware of them and interested in attending. It is important to note that, in order to incentivize students to go to these events, SLEA will establish a certificate for students which they can include with their resumes. SLEA will be meeting with Provost Kilpatrick soon to make the organization official given that last year was used for planning while this year we will start execution of said plans.
College and Departmental Committees
- Chicago-Kent College of Law - Office for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Marsha Ross-Jackson (director) https://www.kentlaw.iit.edu/about/diversity/office-of-diversity-and-inclusion-multicultural-affairs-and-professional-development
- Stuart School of Business - Inclusion, Diversity and Equity At Stuart (IDEAS) - Helen Ezenwa (chair)
- Institute of Design Anti-Racism Work Group - Chris Rudd (chair)
Have a question for the committee? Email: DEICommittee@iit.edu