Features studio, one-, and two-bedroom studio apartments with updated kitchen appliances, window treatments, flooring, campus cable, five-digit dialing, internet access, and a community help desk. Gunsaulus Hall offers third-year and fourth-year students the benefits of apartment-style living right on campus in a 10-story building on South Michigan Avenue. Students can study and unwind in one of the two lounges located on the first floor. Residents on each floor typically set their own study hours and quiet times, and agree on other guidelines for conduct.
Campus housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that graduate students submit contracts for housing as early as possible.
- Features studio, one, and two-bedroom studio apartments
- Student lounge is available on the first floor
- Fitness facility is available on the first floor
- Staffed 24 hours a day by Community Desk Assistants; students must tap their HawkCard at the main entrance and community desk
- Updated kitchen appliances including oven, range, hood, and a refrigerator
- High-speed internet access and cable TV provided by Comcast
- Furnished with beds, desks, dressers, and desk chairs
Residents contract for an individual space within an apartment. Residents may select their own roommates, or select the apartment for single occupancy.
Furniture Package Includes
Each student is provided with a study desk and chair, a dresser, and an extra-long twin bed with a bunkable bed frame. The apartment also comes with a couch and kitchen appliances (gas range and refrigerator).
One- and Two-Bedroom Units
Each student is provided with a study desk and chair, a dresser, and an extra-long twin bed with a bunkable bed frame. The apartment also comes with a couch, dining room table and chairs, and kitchen appliances (gas range and refrigerator).
Note: Gunsaulus Hall is a residential apartment building for third-year and above students.
Information for Existing Gunsaulus Hall Residents
Current Gunsaulus Hall residents who intend to live on campus during the summer or the following academic year must take part in the summer reservation or the returning resident reservation process, both of which take place on the Housing Portal.