McCormick Student Village (MSV) is a complex of student residence halls on Mies Campus. There is one hall that houses about 100 students in what is referred to as “communal-style living,” with each floor sharing their restrooms. Each hall has its own social center and study hall so you can socialize, study, or head to the center lounge to relax, unwind, or find a quiet place to concentrate on tomorrow’s assignment. Residents on each floor typically set their own study hours and quiet times, and agree on other guidelines for conduct. Leaders from each hall belong to the Residence Hall Association, which helps organize intramural sports, concert outings, coffee houses, film screenings, and other social activities.
- Entrance through central doors, staffed 24 hours a day by community desk assistants
- Students use their student IDs to enter through the front door and to pass the front desk
- Student lounges are located on each floor and between halls
- Resident room sizes are approximately equal
- Larger rooms do not have central air conditioning
- Most rooms are set up as doubles with two desks, two chairs, two beds and four dressers
- Laundry and fitness facilities are available in the basement
- All rooms have cable TV access
Each floor has a resident adviser who organizes social and academic programming, follows up with students regarding academic concerns, enforces residence hall policies, and serves as a general resource for residents. Full-time Office of Residence Life staff are available on call 24/7.