Requests for J-1 Scholar status begin with the host department at IIT.  An individual interested in or needing J-1 status must begin the process by speaking to their department, who will in turn initiate the process with the International Center.  Additional information including links to request forms can be found on the sidebar menu.  Adequate time is required for processing J-1 request applications through the International Center.