The spouse and children of an international student, visitor, or employee may enter with dependent status. Unmarried children under the age of 21 are considered dependents. You may also bring a dependent after initial arrival.

Each dependent status has its own regulations regarding study and work in the United States. Visit the pages linked above to learn more about each status.