Study in H-4 Status

Individuals in H-4 status are allowed to study full or part-time. Children in H-4 status may also attend public or private elementary, middle or high schools. If full-time study is desired it may be advantageous to change status to F-1 or J-1 student.

Employment in H-4 Status

H-4 dependents are not permitted to work or engage in business under any circumstances.