An established partnership between the Department of Industrial Technology and Management and the International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Local 399 helps support individuals who wish to earn a bachelor’s or a master’s degree with a specialization in facilities management.
Bachelor of Industrial Technology and Management
The Bachelor of Industrial Technology and Management (BINTM) is designed to prepare skilled adults for managerial positions in industry. It is a transfer program for students who have completed an Associate of Applied Science (or equivalent coursework) in Facilities Engineering Technology at Triton College, or other HVAC or stationary engineering programs at a regional community college including Moraine Valley Community College, College of DuPage, Harper College, Oakton Community College, or Joliet Junior College. Obtaining a BINTM degree requires a total of 126 credits, which is accomplished by transferring 60 credits from an accredited college and completing 66 credits at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Scholarships are available for both part-time and full-time undergraduate students.
IUOE Local 399 members whose employers contribute to the Education Training Fund may qualify for tuition assistance through Local 399.
Master of Industrial Technology and Operations
The Master of Industrial Technology and Operations (MITO) provides students with a broad knowledge of industrial technologies and the managerial skills required to effectively manage operations and personnel in a performance-oriented environment.
Illinois Tech Course Schedule and Attendance Options
- Most INTM students attend on a part-time basis, taking two courses per semester. Students may proceed through the program at their own pace.
- The BINTM transfer program generally requires completion of 20 courses at Illinois Tech and can be completed in 4-5 years of part-time study.
- The MITO degree requires completion of 10 courses and can be completed in 2 years of part-time study.
- INTM courses generally meet in the evenings at Illinois Tech's Mies Campus in Chicago.
- INTM courses are also offered online for those who work varying shifts or reside outside the Chicagoland area.
Please contact Pamela Houser at email@example.com or 312.567.3584 with any questions.