The Construction Technology (CT) specialization within the Industrial Technology and Management program at Illinois Institute of Technology is available at the undergraduate and graduate level. The CT specialization prepares students for supervisory and managerial roles in the construction industry. The curriculum is designed for students with prior training, education, and experience in electrical construction technology, construction management, and building technologies.
Students pursuing the CT specialization may advance into management and staff positions, including project manager, project engineer, electrical inspector, estimator, general manager, sales manager, or company owner. Students who are active members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 134 (IBEW) may qualify for tuition assistance through the IBEW-NECA Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Students must complete four specialization electives to earn the CT specialization:
- INTM 407/507 Construction Technology
- INTM 413 Contract Administration for Construction Projects
- INTM 415/515 Advanced Project Management
- INTM 417 Construction Estimating
Complementary elective courses include INTM 405/505 Maintenance Technology and Management; INTM 411 Functional Facilities Management; INTM 418/518 Industrial Risk Management; INTM 443/543 Purchasing; EG 430 Introduction to Building Information Modeling; and others.
Construction Technology Faculty:
- David Arditi, Illinois Tech professor of civil, architectural, and environmental engineering; director of the Construction Engineering and Management program
- Andy Kumiega, Illinois Tech assistant professor of analytics; risk assessment, modeling, project management
- Ray Lemming, adjunct professor; Construction Estimating; Facilities Infrastructure; Design, Planning, and Development
- Christopher Rawson, adjunct professor; journeyman electrician; electrical inspection, fire protection, electrical regulations and compliance
- Daniel Tomal, adjunct professor; Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program facilitator; energy audits, electrical technology, technical education