Multiple students working together on a computer in a computer lab

FAQs for Domestic Admitted Graduate Students

If you have further questions, please feel free to email us at

Your adviser is listed in your App Tracker. Consult the Illinois Tech Directory to obtain contact information for your department.

New Illinois Tech students receive a unique identifier (UID), which is also your Illinois Tech email username and login for Illinois Tech's networking and computing services. Your university-designated student email account will be the official means of communication between you and the university, and will be used to notify you of your financial aid award if you apply for federal financial aid. You will receive instructions via email for locating your UID and logging in to the myIIT student portal. Learn more on the Office of Technology Services website.

Please Note: Newly admitted international students will only receive a UID after submitting financial documentation!


Review the support information on the myIIT login page, or contact Office of Technology Services Support Desk at 312.567.3375 or

Your admission to Illinois Tech was contingent on your completion of a bachelor’s degree. 

Upon enrollment at Illinois Tech, you must present, either electronically or physically:

  • All original, final transcript(s) and/or individual mark sheets from your ​bachelor's institution
  • All diploma(s) and/or degree(s) with an official English translation, if necessary.

You have two options for submitting these documents; please select only one option:

  • Upload these document via your App Tracker in the final documents section (spring 2016 and later admits)​ in the "Final Transcripts Required" section.
  • You may bring physical copies of your documents to the Illinois Tech One Stop, where they will scan and retain an electronic version of these documents for evaluation​, in the MTCC.​

You will retain a "Final Docs" hold on your student account until these documents are submitted. This hold will not prevent your class registration, but will restrict your ability to obtain your Illinois Tech transcripts.  

Final documents should be submitted as soon as they are available to you, but must be submitted before you apply for graduation. Failure to provide the required documents will result in a hold of your Illinois Tech graduation diploma, your academic transcripts, and possible further action by Graduate Academic Affairs.

Please formally submit your decline of our offer by completing the Intent to Enroll Form in the App Tracker.

Complete the Intent to Enroll Form in your App Tracker.

Funding questions should be sent to the academic department to which you were accepted.
Armour College of Engineering
Lewis College of Science and Letters
Please note: For Stuart School of Business funding please email us at

The difference between the Master of Science (M.S.) and professional master's degrees (which also includes the Master of Engineering) is that the Master of Science has a research and thesis component at the end of the degree program, while the professional master's does not. The coursework, faculty, and quality of the two degrees are the same. Students who plan to later pursue a Ph.D. often take the M.S. track, while those who are working to advance their careers (without necessarily intending to pursue a Ph.D.) often pursue a professional master's degree.

If you have further questions about the difference between these degree types or the course of study for each in your particular department, please visit your academic department's website or contact the department directly.