Please review the following checklist of items that all newly admitted domestic graduate students must complete prior to the start of the academic term. We are here to help you with your preparations in any way we can. If you need additional information, please feel free to contact us.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Your completed application packet must be received by the appropriate deadline below for regular admission consideration. Applications completed after the deadline will still be processed normally, but we cannot guarantee a decision will be made in time for your desired entry term. Late applicants may be eligible to defer their application or admission to a subsequent term.
If a deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, applications completed by the following Monday will be considered to have met the deadline.
Applicants to Programs in Armour College of Engineering, College of Science, School of Applied Technology, and Stuart School of Business
- Priority deadline is encouraged for students looking to secure their spots at Illinois Tech sooner rather than later.
- For the fall term, applicants can expect decisions to be released starting by March 1 or earlier.
- For the spring term, applicants can expect decisions to be released by October 1 or earlier.
|Spring 2020||Summer 2020||Fall 2020|
|Priority Deadline*||October 1, 2019||January 31, 2020||January 31, 2020|
|Ph.D.***||October 1, 2019||January 31, 2020||May 1, 2020|
|Professional Master's and
Master of Science (M.A.S./M.S.)
|January 6, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|Certificate and Non-Degree||January 6, 2020||May 15, 2020||August 17, 2020|
|Intent to Enroll||January 13, 2020||May 18, 2020||August 21, 2020|
|Deposit||January 13, 2020||May 1, 2020||August 21, 2020|
|Classes Begin||Academic Calendar|
*Every applicant who meets the deadline is automatically considered for graduate fellowships, scholarships, and teaching and research assistantships awarded by individual academic departments. Departmental funding is awarded to a limited number of highly qualified, full-time students at the time of admission. If you receive a funding award, you will be notified of the award in your official admission letter.
**Not all programs admit new graduate students for the summer term. Please check with your academic department for more information.
***New Illinois Tech Stuart Ph.D. students are not eligible for GRE/GMAT waivers and are admitted only in the fall semester.
Applicants for all other Illinois Tech Graduate Programs
Enrollment Deposit Instructions
A deposit is required for all students. In addition to completing the Intent to Enroll Form, Stuart School of Business students must pay the $500 deposit, and every other program is a $300 non-refundable tuition deposit. Pay the deposit by logging into the myIIT portal. Please remember this is not an additional fee. It is a down payment that will go toward your first semester tuition bill.
Why do we have a deposit? A deposit lets your academic department plan accordingly to give you the best academic experience possible. Not only does it show your commitment to the university, but it allows the faculty to work more closely with you in preparation for classes.
You may do this online from the myIIT portal. Instructions on how to pay are below. Please be aware that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Go to the myIIT Portal and enter your username and password. When you first log in, you will be prompted to change your password immediately.
How do I log in?
Every student has a single login to access myIIT:
Your Unified ID is your username for technology services. Look up your UID at: myuid.iit.edu.
Your initial password is mmddxxxx (birth date month / date / last 4 digits of your CWID)
- Once your password has been changed, you should be in the myIIT portal. Click on the grid icon, located at the top right corner of your screen, to view the dropdown menu. Then click on the Manage My Account icon.
- Proceed to Submit Payment, below.
- In the Student Account Home page, click on the eDeposits link located at the top of the page.
- Under Make Deposit Payment for Term, select your entry term for enrollment and click Select.
- Under Make a Deposit Payment, select Graduate Deposit from the drop-down menu and click Select.
- Confirm the deposit details then click on the Continue button.
- Select your payment method (electronic check [checking/savings] or credit card) and submit the requested information.
Your admission to Illinois Tech was contingent on your completion of a bachelor’s degree. Upon enrollment at Illinois Tech you must present, either electronically or physically:
- All original, final transcript(s) and/or individual mark sheets from your bachelor's institution
- All diploma(s) and/or degree(s) with an official English translation, if necessary
You have two options for submitting these documents; please select only one option:
- Upload these document via your Application Tracker in the final documents section (spring 2016 and later admits) in the Final Transcripts Required section.
- You may bring physical copies of your documents to the Graduate Admissions office in Perlstein Hall, where staff will scan and retain an electronic version of these documents for evaluation.
You will retain a "Final Docs" hold on your student account until these documents are submitted. This hold will not prevent your class registration, but will restrict your ability to obtain your Illinois Tech transcripts.
Final documents should be submitted as soon as they are available to you, but must be submitted before you apply for graduation. Failure to provide the required documents will result in a hold of your Illinois Tech graduation diploma, your academic transcripts, and possible further action by Graduate Academic Affairs.
New Illinois Tech students receive a unique identifier (UID), which is also your Illinois Tech email username and login for Illinois Tech's networking and computing services. Your university-designated student email account will be the official means of communication between you and the university, and will be used to notify you of your financial aid award if you apply for federal financial aid. You will receive instructions via email for locating your UID and logging in to the myIIT student portal. Learn more on the Office of Technology Services website.
United States students have the option to submit proof of equivalent insurance in lieu of Illinois Tech student health insurance. All full-time students and occupants of Illinois Tech residence halls are required to purchase Illinois Tech's student health insurance policy. Eligible students who wish to be considered for an insurance waiver must fill out the Student Health Insurance Waiver Form. Part-time students, spouses of students, and/or minor children can purchase insurance, if desired. For more information, visit the Student Health and Wellness Center or contact the office directly at email@example.com or 312.567.7550.
Students are required to submit proof of immunization against certain communicable diseases to the Student Health and Wellness Center. Individuals who are not properly immunized or who do not have proof of immunization may receive the required immunizations at the Student Health and Wellness Center for a nominal fee. For more information, visit the Student Health and Wellness Center or contact the office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.567.7550.
Complete information about orientation activities will be posted on the Student Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (SOAR) website near the beginning of the semester. Questions about orientation should be directed to email@example.com.
All graduate students are encouraged to consult with a faculty adviser prior to registration. Some academic departments require advising before students are permitted to register, so be sure to check with your department before getting started. Your assigned academic adviser, whose name appears at the bottom of your official admission letter, can give you the unique "Alternate PIN" number you will need in order to register through the myIIT student portal.
For additional assistance with registration, visit the Office of the Registrar website or contact your academic department.
The Graduate Bulletin outlines important academic policies for graduate students.