The Technological Entrepreneurship specialization is available to undergraduates in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program at Stuart School of Business.
This specialization is designed for students with technical backgrounds and the entrepreneurial spirit and drive to create innovative business ventures. Courses emphasize the key role of innovative thinking and entrepreneurship in successfully developing and marketing technologies and products.
Students build their knowledge and skills in managing innovation within companies, with options for courses covering areas such as industrial processes, product development, and intellectual property. Throughout the curriculum of the Technological Entrepreneurship specialization, learning is applied and hands-on, drawing on the abundant resources at Illinois Tech and in Chicago’s dynamic network of startups and tech entrepreneurs.
The specialization also offers a strong academic background for Stuart’s Master of Technological Entrepreneurship program, which includes an experiential capstone project. Through the co-terminal option of Illinois Tech’s Accelerated Master’s Program, students can graduate with both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in as few as five years, saving both time and money.
To complete the Technological Entrepreneurship specialization, choose any five courses from the following list:
- BUS 472—New Product Development
- EMGT 363—Creativity, Inventions, and Entrepreneurship for Engineers and Scientists
- EMGT 406—Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Management
- INTM 477— Entrepreneurship in Industry
- ITMM 481—Information Technology Entrepreneurship
- ITMM 482—Business Innovation
- IPMM 406—Introduction to Intellectual Property
- BUS 510—Fundamentals of Innovative Business
- MBA 529—Social Entrepreneurship
- IPMM 501—Managing the Creative Process
- ENGR 595—Product Development for Entrepreneurs
Note: Some courses require prerequisites that would have to be taken as part of the Illinois Tech Core Curriculum or as free electives.