First-year applicants are currently enrolled in secondary school, or have completed secondary school and have not attended an institute of higher education outside of their secondary school experience.
This includes students who have taken A-levels or studied in an Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, as long as they have not completed university coursework. Sometimes these students are also referred to as freshmen, regardless of their class standing upon entering the university.
Requirements and Application Checklist
Applications are available through the Common Application.
- Complete the application for admission. There is no application fee to apply to Illinois Tech. Please mail supporting documents to:
Illinois Institute of Technology
Office of Undergraduate Admission
10 West 33rd Street
Perlstein Hall, Room 101
Chicago, IL 60616
- Submit official or certified copies of the marks or grades of courses completed prior to university or college entrance, as well as all board examination scores. Transcripts can be submitted through the Common Application by a school official or uploaded to your Application Tracker once you have submitted your application. Transcripts must reflect at least three full years of grades or marks upon applying. Read more about the marks/grades requirements.
- Take either the SAT I or ACT test and send the official scores directly from the testing center. The SAT code for Illinois Tech is 1318; the ACT code is 1040. We do not require that students take the SAT II subject tests. Read more about the SAT I and ACT test requirements.
- Provide Illinois Tech an official copy of the English proficiency TOEFL or IELTS score report. The TOEFL code to send your scores to Illinois Tech is 1318. Read more about the English proficiency test requirements.
- Provide a completed evaluation form or letter of recommendation from your counselor or a teacher (especially in the subjects of math, science, or English). One letter is required but up to three are accepted. Letters of recommendation can be submitted through the Common Application or mailed to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Submit Illinois Tech's Financial Affidavit of Support to demonstrate that you or your sponsor have available finances to meet the educational and living expenses while you are a student at Illinois Tech. The Financial Affidavit of Support is not needed for review purposes and can be sent in after you receive your admission and scholarship decision. Please read the instructions for the Financial Affidavit of Support before submitting it.
- Provide a copy of your passport, which is needed to fulfill the visa requirements. You may upload a copy of your passport to your Application Tracker after you have submitted your application. The passport copy is not needed for review purposes and can be sent in after you receive your admission decision. Read more about the visa requirements.