More than 30 classrooms across the Illinois Tech campuses are equipped with lecture capture technology. These rooms automatically capture and record more than 200 sessions each semester. Most of these recordings are then automatically posted—typically within a few hours—in the corresponding course site in Blackboard.
Where to find the recordings
Both students and faculty will use this method to locate videos that were captured automatically in the classroom.
- Log into Blackboard
- Navigate to the correct course
- Click “Classroom Recordings” in the menu bar
How to Use the Technology in the Classroom
- Classroom Setup (view video 1:09 minutes) - turn on all the lights in the classroom and close the blinds to ensure the best quality lighting. Bring your own white board markers and pen and paper for the document camera.
- Windows Laptop Set-up (view video 6:17 minutes). Learn how to set up necessary drivers and set up your computer for a synchronous course on a PC.
- Mac Laptop Set-up (view video 6:07 minutes) Learn how to set up necessary drivers and set up your computer for a synchronous course on a MAC.
- Cart Setup (view video 3:14 mins). Some rooms are equipped with a cart that serves as a modified version of the fully-technical classroom. Learn how to turn on the equipment, connect your laptop and record your presentation.
To find the necessary drivers for the Hovercam and the Extended Monitor, visit https://ots.iit.edu/streaming-classrooms and scroll down to “Requirements”.