MSE Program Educational Objectives
The current educational objectives of the Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) program are:
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of materials science engineers.
- Graduates will continue to develop professionally by pursuing advanced study if they so desire.
- Graduates will continue to develop professionally by undertaking leadership roles in their communities and/or professions.
MSE Student Outcomes
Students from the MSE program will attain, by the time of graduation:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
MSE Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Awarded Degrees|