Step into the engineering spotlight by taking part in student-led projects. Submit a proposal about a project you think might add to your engineering knowledge, and you may end up receiving funding to attend a convention or purchase parts to build a product to enter into a competition.
Student-led projects are supported by a faculty adviser for each team.
Student Funding Proposals
Armour College of Engineering holds a proposal request period twice a year for engineering students, engineering student groups, or engineering student organizations that would like to request funding for projects that will positively impact the Illinois Tech and Armour College community.
Proposals must contain the following information:
Section 1: Student/group information (one page)
- Name of student/group/organization
- Illinois Tech financial account number assigned to your group (if applicable)
- If a group, but not a registered organization, how did your group form? What assurance do we have that your group will remain intact and active for the duration of the project?
- Contact information for all project members, with a proposal point person and a media contact indicated
- Faculty adviser or other sources of advisory support
- Summarize any outreach or Armour College support your group has provided (high school outreach, participation in Armour College alumni events)
Section 2: Project information (two pages maximum)
- Briefly summarize the project you are proposing
- What is the benefit of this project to the project team (career goals, job search, graduate school, entrepreneurial activities)?
- What is the benefit of this project to the Armour College, Illinois Tech, and the broader university community? Be specific, and include information on how you will engage other students in the outcome of your project and bring that back to Armour College
- Include a brief schedule for your project including the completion date (no more than half a page)
Section 3: Project funding (two pages maximum)
- Specify the dollar amount you are requesting with an itemized breakdown (no more than one page)
- Describe your fundraising efforts to date and future plans
- Funds requested from Armour College
- Funds secured from other sources
- Funds requested from other sources
- Planned activities to raise additional funds
- Have you previously been funded by Armour College? Please specify the activity/amount funded
- If you were previously funded by Armour College under this program, please also attach the final report you submitted for your previous funding
All proposals will be reviewed by the Armour College Distinctive Education Council. Funding will be granted on the basis of its possible significance within the Illinois Tech/Armour College community.
All proposals should be sent in PDF format by the assigned deadline with the subject: Student Funding Program to email@example.com. All PDF files should be named with the student group, organization, or student name.
Supported projects are required to provide a closing report, and members should be available for interviews and photos to promote the effort. More details on these requirements will be provided in the letter of acceptance.