Accelerated Master's Programs (AMP) at Illinois Institute of Technology allow currently enrolled undergraduate students to complete both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in as few as five years.
What Accelerated Master's Programs are Available?
For a complete list of the available AMP at Illinois Tech, please review the Graduate Bulletin. Students may also work with advisers to identify alternate bachelor's and master's degree pairings, pending the approval of the prospective graduate program and the student's undergraduate program.
Is This AMP Right for Me?
This can only be determined by you, in consultation with your undergraduate academic adviser and the designated AMP adviser in the graduate program of interest. You are encouraged to meet with both advisers before applying to any Accelerated Master's Program. Please contact the graduate program of interest to speak with an AMP adviser.
To be eligible to apply for an Accelerated Master's Program, you must:
- Have at least 12 undergraduate credits left to complete in the first semester of AMP study. For example, if you apply for fall 2022 AMP study, you must have at least 12 undergraduate credits left to complete in fall 2022.
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Illinois Tech
- Have completed at least 60 or more credit hours of applicable undergraduate coursework, with a minimum of 12 credits earned at Illinois Tech
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 3.25/4.0, depending on the program. GPA admission requirements vary by program; please contact the academic unit or email@example.com directly for specific GPA requirements.
- Have not yet applied for undergraduate degree conferral (i.e. graduation)
Students may apply for an AMP based upon this admission timeline:
- May 1 for summer semester
- August 1 for fall semester
- December 1 for spring semester
Access the Application
The application process can be completed online by following this process:
- Log in to the my.iit.edu portal
- Select the Academics tab and navigate to the Undergraduate Academic Affairs—Student channel
- Select the Co-Terminal Degree Program Application