Applications for H-1B status begin with the host department at Illinois Institute of Technology.  An individual interested in or who needs H-1B status must begin the process by speaking to their department, which will in turn initiate the process with the Office of Global Services. Additional information, including links to request forms, can be found on the menu to the right. Adequate time is required for processing H1B applications through the Office of Global Services, United States Department of Labor, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Important Update—Please note that for the time being, Illinois Tech will be utilizing the services of Nancy Vizer’s law firm for all new and extension requests for H-1B status for faculty and staff positions. All sponsoring departments are still required to work with the Office of Global Services in facilitating this process. You may contact Kemi Onajole at to initiate a new or extension process. Thank you.