Important Update—Please note that for the time being, Illinois Tech will be utilizing the services of Nancy Vizer’s law firm for all new and extension requests for H-1B status for faculty and staff positions. All sponsoring departments are still required to work with the Office of Global Services (OGS) in facilitating this process. You may contact Kemi Onajole at to initiate a new or extension process. Thank you.

All Applicants

You must submit one copy (no staples) of theses items to your department:

  • Copy of your diploma and an English translation, if applicable
  • Copy of transcript (plus an English translation, if applicable) if the field of study is not indicated on the diploma; a credentials evaluation may be required if degree is from a non-United States institution. For more information, please contact OGS.
  • Current résumé/curriculum vitae
  • Unaltered original document form and translation form, if applicable
  • Passport identity page and expiration page

If You are Currently in the United States, Please Provide:

  • I-94
  • Entry visa
  • If you’ve applied for permanent residency—Copies of all notices received from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • If you are in F-1 or F-2 status—Copies of all previous I-20s (pages one and three), as well as a copy of your Employment Authorization Document (EAD), if applicable
  • If you’re in J-1 or J-2 status—Copies of all previous DS-2019s/IAP-66s, as well as a copy of 212(e)/Two Year Home Residency waiver, if applicable
  • If you’re in H-1 or H-4 status—Copies of all previous I-797 Approval Notices, and copies of the H-1’s last 4 months of pay stubs

Dependent Information

 Only for those applying inside the United States

  • Form I-539 completed by the dependent
  • Copy of dependents’ I-94
  • Copy of dependents’ entry visa
  • Copy of dependents’ passport identity page and expiration page
  • Copies of dependents’ previous I-797s Approval Notices, if applicable
  • Evidence of financial support
  • $370 petition fee for I-539 (check or money order in U.S. dollars payable to “Department of Homeland Security”)