The Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship utilizes the expertise and experience of Illinois Tech faculty and adjunct faculty members for our academic and entrepreneurship programs. Below, you will find an overview of how faculty and adjunct faculty members can get involved with us.
Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program
- Teach an IPRO—email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to become an IPRO instructor. To learn more about current IPRO courses, visit the IPRO Courses page
- Adjunct faculty who are interested in teaching an existing IPRO course can submit their resume to be considered for a position to email@example.com
- Submit an IPRO course proposal—proposals may include courses that fit into IPRO’s current tracks, which include Tech Competitions, Deep Tech Science, or Industry and Community Labs. Please send your proposal for a new IPRO course to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Only faculty should reach out to IPRO staff about new course suggestions; for example, if a student is interested in creating a team for a tech competition, they should contact a faculty member, who would then propose the course to IPRO staff
- Do you have a suggestion for a community or industry partner that the IPRO program could work with? If so, please email email@example.com
- Faculty and adjunct faculty members also have access to the Idea Shop, the university’s state-of-the-art, rapid-prototyping lab that houses 3D printers and scanners, multiple CNC milling machines, a vacuum former, and a laser cutter. It also has photography and videography equipment available for making product shots and video pitches. Visit the Idea Shop website for more information
Startups and Entrepreneurship
- Illinois Tech faculty and adjunct faculty members play a key role in our Startup Studio, which guides Illinois Tech students through the entire startup process, from idea to the product going to market. We utilize faculty as mentors who help guide the students through the process. If you’re interested in becoming a coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll reach out should there be a match with your expertise
If you have any questions about how to engage with us, please email email@example.com.